Windows 10: chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

Discus and support chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 15, 2019.

1. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files too. However, I got problem with the HDD after running chkdsk /f function and it results saying there are 9 orphaned file and it tried to recover the files to original destination. I thought the problem was solved but in fact after a day or two, the problem of HDD crashing again and make the router inaccessible until I disconnect the hdd.

I wonder if anyone knows how to delete the orphaned files or recover them to another location first and then delete them once and for all, I know some chargeable recovery softwares may help eg EaseUs but this is not free. I would like to know if Microsoft can help or not.

Thanks

Anthony

:)

AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 15, 2019

2. I STILL CANT OPEN MY DRIVE AFTER CHKDSK /R AND /F

before i ask a question about to fix sudden lag occur to my laptop and try every step they suggest. at that time my drive still can be open but taking time.

i chkdsk d: /r and chkdsk d: /f

on command eta say 999:00:00 but i think almost 20-22 hours

it say anything accept this thing:

file verification completed.

deleting orphan file record segment 892E8

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB88

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB89

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB8A

i hope my file can be save , almost has 1 tera of file in there

Sir.Debiluk, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

1. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files - Similar Threads - chkdsk result orphaned

2. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  3. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  4. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  5. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  6. chkdsk /scan and /f different results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk /scan and /f different results: Symptom: W10 NUC boots only at second attempts The SSD of the NUC removed and attached to a desktop PC running W10 2004 chkdsk /scan reports: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 122402256 KB total disk space....
  7. chkdsk /f Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk /f Errors: Hey, I was getting this repair drive error from a few days, I started it and forced shut down a few times my mistake. But today I have to do it cause device performance was really slow. I am currently in safe mode and did chkdsk D: /f, it is currently displaying ETA: 9hr...
  8. HDD giving up for seemingly no reason. Weird CHKDSK results

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD giving up for seemingly no reason. Weird CHKDSK results: Hiya tenforums, hoping you could give me some advice regarding a strange HDD issue. My brother has been having trouble with his HDD (F: drive), it will "stop" at random when downloading files, running big programs or moving files. He says GTA V would fail to load maps at...
  9. HDD giving up for seemingly no reason. Weird CHKDSK results

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD giving up for seemingly no reason. Weird CHKDSK results: Hiya tenforums, hoping you could give me some advice regarding a strange HDD issue. My brother has been having trouble with his HDD (F: drive), it will "stop" at random when downloading files, running big programs or moving files. He says GTA V would fail to load maps at...
  10. Chkdsk results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk results: Recently ran chkdsk, and looked at results in Event Viewer. It says it made corrections to a few files. How do I know which files it made corrections to ? (also, how do I locate and upload the relevant log file please?) (Windows Home, 64-bit, Version 1909) 147792

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file record segment is an orphan

2. file record segment is an orphan chkdsk

3. Deleting orphan file record segment chkdsk windows 10

4. deleting orphan file record segment chkdsk /f,
  5. Deleting orphan file record segment adalah,
  6. chkdsk F: /f deletes orphaned,
  7. orphan file record recovery from external hee