Windows 10: chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

Discus and support chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 15, 2019.

1. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files too. However, I got problem with the HDD after running chkdsk /f function and it results saying there are 9 orphaned file and it tried to recover the files to original destination. I thought the problem was solved but in fact after a day or two, the problem of HDD crashing again and make the router inaccessible until I disconnect the hdd.

I wonder if anyone knows how to delete the orphaned files or recover them to another location first and then delete them once and for all, I know some chargeable recovery softwares may help eg EaseUs but this is not free. I would like to know if Microsoft can help or not.

Thanks

Anthony

:)

AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 15, 2019

2. I STILL CANT OPEN MY DRIVE AFTER CHKDSK /R AND /F

before i ask a question about to fix sudden lag occur to my laptop and try every step they suggest. at that time my drive still can be open but taking time.

i chkdsk d: /r and chkdsk d: /f

on command eta say 999:00:00 but i think almost 20-22 hours

it say anything accept this thing:

file verification completed.

deleting orphan file record segment 892E8

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB88

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB89

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB8A

i hope my file can be save , almost has 1 tera of file in there

Sir.Debiluk, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

1. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files - Similar Threads - chkdsk result orphaned

2. CHKDSK /F fails with An unspecified error occurred.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK /F fails with An unspecified error occurred.: I decided to run chkdsk /f on a 1TB external usb HDD. It failed with: An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 1f66). An unspecified error occurred (6e74667363686b2e 1713). [img] ....then I tried another known good external HDD, same error. Then I tried an...
  3. CHKDSK /F fails with An unspecified error occurred.

in Windows 10 Support
    CHKDSK /F fails with An unspecified error occurred.: I decided to run chkdsk /f on a 1TB external usb HDD. It failed with: An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 1f66). An unspecified error occurred (6e74667363686b2e 1713). [img] ....then I tried another known good external HDD, same error. Then I tried an...
  4. Canceled chkdsk /f /r while running, new files can't be saved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canceled chkdsk /f /r while running, new files can't be saved.: I was trying to optimize my disk space and irresponsibly ran chkdsk /f /r. It was stuck on 11% for two hours and I had to use my computer, so I rebooted to get out of it. Everything seemed fine, but every time I try to save a file I get an error that brings up the file path...
  5. chkdsk /f /r E: freezes at stage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk /f /r E: freezes at stage: of chkdsk said I had errors on my external hard drive and shoul run disc repair. from command prompt i ran chkdsk /f /r E: as suggested but now the process stalls at stage 4: looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Progress: 19 of 114672 done; stage: 0%; Total: 0%...
  6. Chkdsk /f /r then blankscreen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f /r then blankscreen with cursor: Hi, i really need help... II creat the problem by clicking this command in Terminal CHKDSK / f / r , because i got blue screen and try to fix it. After that it says I must restart and I did so, then wait until finished. After it finished then i try login windows, then i...
  7. CHKDSK /F always stuck at 100% on C: only

CHKDSK /F always stuck at 100% on C: only: Hello, To describe the issue as short as possible: - 850Evo 500GB, only 2TB written, bought 1 months or so ago, working, I'd say, perfectly. - executing chkdsk c: /f would get stuck at 100%. I would have to reboot from the PC hard reset button, nothing else works - on...
  8. Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results: Hello ... I have problem with Cortana search results. When i give her voice command, she answering my question by voice but not showing results. here's the Screenshoot [img] 30985
  9. chkdsk gives error code - 726173642e637878 25f

chkdsk gives error code - 726173642e637878 25f: One of my partition is not opening. It gives The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. After some googling I have found that chkdsk would resolve my issue. But it gives "An unspecified error occurred" with error code 726173642e637878 25f . I can not find any solution...
  10. chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors

chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors: How do you troubleshoot chkdsk /f /r failure to fix errors? Several days earlier chkdsk produced no errors. And several days earlier chkdsk /f /r was ran. I did not know how to find and view the log in the eventvwr. How do you find this specific log? All UEFI hardware...