Windows 10: Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

Discus and support Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by User4622, Sep 30, 2022.

1. User4622 Win User

Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform a hard reboot of the machine? And will this chkdsk run again on next reboot anyway, leading to the same issue?

:)

User4622, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 30, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

CHKDSK /F /R /X

Sorry to top should read:

<CHKDSK G: /F /R /X

Horst

Horst-Dammer, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

1. Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11% - Similar Threads - Chkdsk Stuck 11%

2. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  3. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  4. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  5. chkdsk /f /r problem

chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  6. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  7. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  8. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Chkdsk /f /r stuck at %0 for an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f /r stuck at %0 for an hour: Hello, i have ran a chkdsk /f /r because my explorer kept crashing and i was unable to click to anything, and even if i was, it took 5 minutes at least for it to open. now im at stage 4,the laptop hdd light is not blinking, its just on, this has been going on for an hour. by...
  10. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...