Windows 10: Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

Discus and support Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Ever since the beginning of using my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53, I have experienced stuttering whenever I doany kind of new task such as opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Felix Kwok, May 22, 2021.

1. Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

Hello all, Ever since the beginning of using my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53, I have experienced stuttering whenever I doany kind of new task such as opening an application, opening a new tab, or even just scrolling through a loaded webpage.After doing a multitude of possible solutions, I believe it may be because of my disk

:)

Felix Kwok, May 22, 2021
  2. dopefish9 Win User

Secondary HDD not found by Optimize and Defrag

Hello,

Upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago. I have a 240G primary SSD (CChkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD :) and 1TB internal secondary HDD (EChkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD :), plus a 1TB external USB backup drive (JChkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD :). I wanted to determine why the internal 1TB HDD seems to have some 'missing' space so I opened Optimize Drives.
    But Optimize Drives only lists the SSD (CChkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD :), USB drive (JChkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD :) and a System Reserved drive. It doesn't list the internal 1TB HDD.

So far my searches have turned up problems where extra drives aren't recognized at all, but mine works fine for everything else (I've moved Libraries there, created system images there, it shows in Explorer, etc.)

Edit: Device Manager indicates no issues with the drive. I've also right-clicked from Explorer > Properties > Tools > Optimize, and the list is still missing this drive.

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank you!

Stephen

dopefish9, May 22, 2021
  3. birand Win User
    How to CHKDSK to invisible HDD

Hello guys, i have a hdd with bad sectors and i want to try chkdsk and see if it solve the problem.
    But the thing is i cant see the hdd on my computer, only i can view the hdd on seagate tools.

What should i do?

PS: on the screenshot D: is the partition of my main hdd.

birand, May 22, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

1. Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD - Similar Threads - Chkdsk fixing corruption

2. CHKDSK Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK Corrupt: Hello,I'm new to chkdsk, and i ran chkdsk and this what i received:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3570] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in...
  3. CHKDSK Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK Corrupt: Hello,I'm new to chkdsk, and i ran chkdsk and this what i received:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3570] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in...
  4. chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it

chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it: Hi, about two days ago I used a system drive from one PC on another PC to store some important data on one of its partitions. This drive was then chkdsk'd by the Windows install on it when I plugged it back into the original PC, which then somehow corrupted the NTFS partition...
  5. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  6. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  7. 1TB HDD

8. Partition Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Optimization: I have 2 partitions 1 of which is for the OS. This one is stuck at 4% fragmented and when I try to optimize it analyzer's it but doesn't go any further. Is this normal and if not what can I do to get it to optimize?...
  9. New 1TB HDD Partition help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 1TB HDD Partition help: Hello everyone, I need your help in setting up new hard drive. I am using 120 GB samsung ssd with 1 single primary partition in which i have windows 10 installed. I have bought another HDD of 1TB and created 4 partition to store data. After creating partition, i saw 3...
  10. Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD: Hi, I've got a 1tb hdd that I solely use for storing movies/video files. Atm it's divided into two partitions, one of them is 390gb and the other is 540gb, but the 390gb partition is full. I'd like to merge these two partitions into one larger partition without losing my...