Windows 10: CHKDSK founds Error more frequently.

Discus and support CHKDSK founds Error more frequently. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just want to ask what could be the problem. it was 3 days ago when I feel my computer is a bit slow. And then I tried to run a disk check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lyrrad, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Lyrrad Win User

CHKDSK founds Error more frequently.

Hello, I just want to ask what could be the problem.

it was 3 days ago when I feel my computer is a bit slow. And then I tried to run a disk check through Powershell and then i perform a chkdsk /f and restart to perform the repair.
    After the disk repair my computer is running fine, opening programs and file explorer is back to normal duration.

And then today my computer get slow again when I try to perform a disk check there is a error with it again.
    I suspect that there would be a bad sector on the hard drive so I tried to run , but all the drives are fine there where no bad sector or unc sector.

Can someone help me what would be the problem with this errors is it a windows / software problem that is causing it or it is just my HDD going to fail soon?

:)

Lyrrad, Sep 14, 2020
  2. gregcccc Win User

Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED

Hi axe0

Thanks for your suggestions.

- I have checked and Rapport is the latest version.
    - Chkdsk found no problems
    - Seatools Short Generic found no problems on D (I have not run it on C since I have an SSD). Long Generic is still running but has found no problems thus far.

What is your suggested next step?

Greg

gregcccc, Sep 14, 2020
  3. "memory_management" crashes, Volume Bitmap is incorrect on chkdsk, no errors found on chkdsk/ scan

When I run chkdsk /f, it finds no errors but if I run chkdsk, it finds that error I listed above; volume bitmap.

I just did a check of my RAM 2x and it found no errors using memtest86.

The crashes I had last night only displayed Memory_management.

It could be possible that my RAM may be overheating but I would need to install my BIOS directly onto my windows in order to check the temperature. I haven't had an opportunity to do that after I re-installed windows.

Matski1984, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. CHKDSK founds Error more frequently. - Similar Threads - CHKDSK founds Error

2. Chkdsk "corruption was found while examining files in directory error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chkdsk "corruption was found while examining files in directory error: Hello.I'm using a SanDisk USB drive and I was trying to transfer big files from online storage to a USB drive and during the process the error said "error 0x80070570 the file or directory". How can fix this issue and how can i transfer big files successfully....
  3. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  4. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  5. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CHKDSK found problems maybe

CHKDSK found problems maybe: can anyone explain this what CHKDSK did with that file. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Prince Gupta>CHKDSK C: /F /R /V The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk...
  7. BSOD occurring more and more frequent

BSOD occurring more and more frequent: Good day, im trying to find out whats causing my BSOD when im using my pc but to no luck, i keep getting this irql_not_less_or_equal. then i tried to follow this link hoping to get some answers:...
  8. Norton said to run chkdsk for errors found on hard drive!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Norton said to run chkdsk for errors found on hard drive!: Running Windows 10 Home Edition version 1903 build# 18362.900. I received a Norton yellow ! icon in my taskbar to check the performance of my computer. It said I had errors and to run chkdsk. I ran cmd as an administrator and it found a lot of errors in read only mode but...
  9. CHKDSK found errors on X:\Windows\System32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK found errors on X:\Windows\System32: I booted to command prompt in the recovery mode and run CHKDSK and found errors on X:\Windows\System32. Then, I used the CHKDSK /F option it reported that the drive is write-protected. How do you resolve this issue?...
  10. Chkdsk "found" folder missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk "found" folder missing: Hi, I moved files to my external hard drive at work and I can't see them on my home PC. I ran a chkdsk in Command Prompt and it shows the following: 39 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Lost and found is located at \found.005 The problem is that I can't...