Windows 10: chkdsk in cmd stuck?

Discus and support chkdsk in cmd stuck? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlbertaJ, Mar 18, 2023.

1. AlbertaJ Win User

chkdsk in cmd stuck?

Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over command prompt on my laptop in hopes of fixing the corrupted sd card. However, after using the command "chkdsk G: /f" G is the sd card, the following was listed out:The type of the file system is exFAT.Volume Serial Number is 0123-4567Windows is verifying files and folders...An error occurred while examining files and

:)

AlbertaJ, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Mar 18, 2023
  3. NoSoup Win User
    CHKDSK process stuck

I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.

After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the next thing. I ran the command is it was instructed (chkdsk /r cchkdsk in cmd stuck? :).

Now it got stuck on

Progress 60768 of 83696 done; Stage 72%; total 20%

It's stuck like that for about 15min.

How do I safely stop the process?

NoSoup, Mar 18, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

chkdsk in cmd stuck?

Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

chkdsk in cmd stuck?

1. chkdsk in cmd stuck? - Similar Threads - chkdsk cmd stuck

2. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  3. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  4. chkdsk cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk cmd: Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-cmd/b0e5ade6-ffbb-4a64-8315-a9cf1d843931
  5. chkdsk cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk cmd: Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-cmd/b0e5ade6-ffbb-4a64-8315-a9cf1d843931
  6. CHKDSK process stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK process stuck: I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the...
  7. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  8. chkdsk cmd prompt error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chkdsk cmd prompt error: hello all. i get the error in the following image. i am trying step #1 here: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/error-solved-slow-receive-emails-outlook-2016-2013-2010/ what am i doing wrong? I believe I have ownership. thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Stuck at cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at cmd: After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd. In the cmd, it shows c:/windows/system32. Pressing enter will just repeat the same line. Found out online I could type Explorer.exe and desktop will...
  10. Chkdsk stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk stuck: Hello chkdsk is stuck at 10% now for hours, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 I have 12GB of RAM and a Intel i7, on a 500GB hybrid drive. I just got the laptop a month ago. I decided to run chkdsk on a whim even though I'm not having any problems and don't suspect any errors,...