Windows 10: Chkdsk in command prompt

Discus and support Chkdsk in command prompt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeromeBerger, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Chkdsk in command prompt

Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 9,000 clusters checked

:)

JeromeBerger, Nov 13, 2018

2. Chkdsk in command prompt

Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling
    chkdisk without command prompt. In a few days I will stop command prompt and run chkdsk from Tools.

frankhattonZI, Nov 13, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Chkdsk in command prompt

Chkdsk in command prompt

boot the windows in to recovery mode , then come to command prompt

type CHKDSK C: /f /r

where C is drive windows installed

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Chkdsk in command prompt

1. Chkdsk in command prompt - Similar Threads - Chkdsk command prompt

2. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  3. Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt: Hello, I appealed to the Microsoft community and please send me ascript containing all the settings commands chkdsk to fix the bad ssd ect… Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  4. Unspecified error after chkdsk in admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unspecified error after chkdsk in admin command prompt: In command promt with admin, I ran "chkdsk D: /f /r /x" and at step 4, I recieved "Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows replaced bad clusters in file 30A9 of name \Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\depotcache\414341_depotcache_4.csd. 2056432...
  5. Command prompt

Command prompt: It seems that I have to renew my command prompt almost monthly by use of the "bootsect /nt60 sys" command. Why is this happening ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/6ca7646e-66a4-45cf-ab84-781950936dee
  6. Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt: On my PC cmd not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/1997eabc-1c65-4dd5-a223-03a83f66ccf6
  7. command prompt

command prompt: hi, Is the 64 bit operating system, alright to run on the 32 bit administrator command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/0202ade4-c9cf-4456-80b3-5ee9a53dd104
  8. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling chkdisk without...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240