Windows 10: CHKDSK problem HDD Extern

Discus and support CHKDSK problem HDD Extern in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hy there, My name is Alex and i'm new from this forum but i like more. My problem is: I try scan my HDD extern with chkdsk on command, i wait 1 day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lexu, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Lexu Win User

CHKDSK problem HDD Extern

Hy there, My name is Alex and i'm new from this forum but i like more.

My problem is:
    I try scan my HDD extern with chkdsk on command, i wait 1 day and after i try something command's for stop process. After this i have this msg:

CHKDSK problem HDD Extern [​IMG]

My command first: chkdsk e: /f /r /x

When i try to stop process because i wait 1 day and procentage was 57% i try to execut this command from new console: chkntfs /x e: and after i recive msg what is up.
    Now my hdd look like this...

CHKDSK problem HDD Extern [​IMG]

CHKDSK problem HDD Extern kWQaJPt.jpg

My question is, if i try to plug uot my hdd or restart my laptop, is possible to affect something?

:)

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Nov 23, 2019
  3. ShawJ Win User
    Hdd problem?

The HDD might be bad. I would suggest trying a few things. The first thing is to put the HDD into an external enclosure and run chkdsk or sfc on it, to check the system files. If that doesnt work then you could at least back up any of your brothers data. The other thing you can try is running the repair feature from the Windows Disc. Don't run the regular repair feature though. Run the one from the install menu.

ShawJ, Nov 23, 2019
  4. birand Win User

How to CHKDSK to invisible HDD

Hello guys, i have a hdd with bad sectors and i want to try chkdsk and see if it solve the problem.
    But the thing is i cant see the hdd on my computer, only i can view the hdd on seagate tools.

What should i do?

PS: on the screenshot D: is the partition of my main hdd.

birand, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. CHKDSK problem HDD Extern - Similar Threads - CHKDSK problem HDD

2. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  3. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  4. external hdd problem

external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  5. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  6. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CHKDSK Made HDD Problem Worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK Made HDD Problem Worse: Windows 10 figured out that volume D: is dirty so CHKDSK occurs every startup but it can't fix the volume and everytime the fixing process get slower until I can't have patience on more than a day chkdsk estimated time allocation ETA.It started probably on a Windows 10 update...
  8. External HDD problems...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD problems...: Hello! I am having major problems with my external WD MyBook Essentials 2TB USB 3.0. Windows 10 wont start up the drive anymore. When i plug it in. It recognises it as a hard drive "D:\" somehow, but totally stucks in a loop where it just keeps loading but nothing will...
  9. CHKDSK problem HDD Extern

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK problem HDD Extern: Hy there, My name is Alex and i'm new from this forum but i like more. My problem is: I try scan my HDD extern with chkdsk on command, i wait 1 day and after i try something command's for stop process. After this i have this msg: [ATTACH] My command first: chkdsk e: /f /r...
  10. External HDD problem

External HDD problem: How can I prevent my external HDD (and I guess other USB devices) from apparently shutting off since when I click on its letter it takes some time to show up its content and starts to make noise when accessing it (if I don't access it for sometime it will stop doing noise and...