Windows 10: CHKDSK problem when in startup,

Discus and support CHKDSK problem when in startup, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc is always checking my disk every startup but after i wait 8 seconds and starts to check my disk it says checking disk c: but after 5 seconds it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CedricValenzuela, Oct 8, 2020.

1. CHKDSK problem when in startup,

My pc is always checking my disk every startup but after i wait 8 seconds and starts to check my disk it says checking disk c: but after 5 seconds it does nothing and instantly puts me in the log-in screen how do i fix this please help me

:)

CedricValenzuela, Oct 8, 2020

2. ChkDsk Problem at computer startup

Hi,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Are your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • Have you already tried running chkdsk /f /r command in the Command Prompt to fix any errors on the disk? If not yet, here's how:
    • Right-click the Start icon, choose Command Prompt (Admin) to execute the Command Prompt window.
    • Type chkdsk /f /r, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.

If the above mentioned steps have been followed and the message still appears when booting the laptop, it would be best that you contact your laptop manufacturer as there really might be an issue with your hard drive.

You can also consider running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    first before contacting your laptop manufacturer to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware. You can follow these steps to run the said troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know what happens after doing the troubleshooting steps above.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 8, 2020
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

CHKDSK problem when in startup,

CHKDSK messed up

Continue with zbook's excellent instructions.

But if you want to try and get into the BIOS again just to check:
    From your product's website:
    Opening the Startup Menu during system startup on computers

Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

You should get this option:

CHKDSK problem when in startup, [​IMG]

Also: please don't forget to answer Golden's question regarding how the keyboard is connected.

Thema:

CHKDSK problem when in startup,

1. CHKDSK problem when in startup, - Similar Threads - CHKDSK problem startup

2. Chkdsk problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk problem: When I typed chkdsk /f on command prompt. I got error:"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process".I tried 3 steps 1 I typed the command "chkdsk C: /r /x" and press the "Enter" key. From my keyboard, I clicked "Y" and then the "Enter" key. Then I...
  3. Chkdsk problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chkdsk problem: When I typed chkdsk /f on command prompt. I got error:"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process".I tried 3 steps 1 I typed the command "chkdsk C: /r /x" and press the "Enter" key. From my keyboard, I clicked "Y" and then the "Enter" key. Then I...
  4. Chkdsk problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. chkdsk at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk at startup: Hello, I found article from 2018 where they are describing how chkdsk is performed at startup and that it can hold machines from loading if disk is found faulty.I do not know if URLs are allowed here to post but since it's pretty relevant here I'll take my...
  6. chkdsk at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk at startup: Hello, I found article from 2018 where they are describing how chkdsk is performed at startup and that it can hold machines from loading if disk is found faulty.I do not know if URLs are allowed here to post but since it's pretty relevant here I'll take my...
  7. chkdsk at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. CHKDSK problem HDD Extern

in Windows 10 Support
    CHKDSK problem HDD Extern: Hy there, My name is Alex and i'm new from this forum but i like more. My problem is: I try scan my HDD extern with chkdsk on command, i wait 1 day and after i try something command's for stop process. After this i have this msg: [img] My command first: chkdsk e: /f /r /x...
  9. PC Freezes at Startup (Update Loop); CHKDSK No Problems; Can't SFC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Freezes at Startup (Update Loop); CHKDSK No Problems; Can't SFC: Two nights ago I clicked on Shut Down and Install Updates before I left my house. I came home a few hours later and noticed the computer had frozen on the Shut Down screen. I then held down the power button in order to shut it down. When I turned it on after, it booted up and...
  10. CHKDSK problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CHKDSK problem: I have a two hard disk computer, with Win7 as my primary OS and Win10 installed on the secondary, totally separate HDD. When I boot into Win10 everything works fine except... that I have to run CHKDSK on all HDD (including partitions) when I want to boot again into Win7....