Windows 10: CHKDSK process stuck

Discus and support CHKDSK process stuck in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoSoup, Feb 17, 2023.

1. NoSoup Win User

CHKDSK process stuck

I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the next thing. I ran the command is it was instructed chkdsk /r c:. Now it got stuck on Progress 60768 of 83696 done; Stage 72%; total 20%It's stuck like that for about 15min.How do I safely stop the process?

:)

NoSoup, Feb 17, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Feb 18, 2023
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 18, 2023
  4. Jose Est Win User

CHKDSK process stuck

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Feb 18, 2023
Thema:

CHKDSK process stuck

1. CHKDSK process stuck - Similar Threads - CHKDSK process stuck

2. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  3. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  4. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  6. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CHKDSK process stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK process stuck: I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the...
  8. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  9. chkdsk stuck at 12%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk stuck at 12%: My laptop is just 3 days old and its disk usage is always 100%, I tried to chkdsk to help it but it also got stuck at 12%, I tried to disable the windows search option but it helps temporarily, help me solve this, the system is updated and so the drivers but nothing can stop...
  10. Chkdsk stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk stuck: Hello chkdsk is stuck at 10% now for hours, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 I have 12GB of RAM and a Intel i7, on a 500GB hybrid drive. I just got the laptop a month ago. I decided to run chkdsk on a whim even though I'm not having any problems and don't suspect any errors,...