Windows 10: CHKDSK Report

Discus and support CHKDSK Report in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive? Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vinain, Aug 16, 2019.

1. vinain Win User

CHKDSK Report

Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive?

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    263680 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    7229 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    4269 reparse records processed.
    363772 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    4269 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 148 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 148 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 148 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    50047 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    39268032 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

511437823 KB total disk space.
    33417444 KB in 187823 files.
    129040 KB in 50048 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    387243 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    477504096 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    127859455 total allocation units on disk.
    119376024 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 06 04 00 3a a1 03 00 2c e2 06 00 00 00 00 00 ....:...,.......
    56 00 00 00 57 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 V...W...........

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.​

:)

vinain, Aug 16, 2019
  2. rivre Win User

chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

Any reason chkdsk cut off mid-way through the report? Is this normal when there's lots of corrupted files? Whats the point of a report if it's cut off mid-way? It starts listing the files one by one then cuts off mid-way through the list.

rivre, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 16, 2019
  4. CHKDSK Report

How to access ChkDsk log/report

i ran chkdsk to solve a problem but ware do i find the report after to see proublems

Original Title: shkdisk report

craigsaxon, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

CHKDSK Report

1. CHKDSK Report - Similar Threads - CHKDSK Report

2. CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up: When running CHKDSK /V on the boot Windows volume, from the command prompt, no errors are reported. However, when CHKDSK /V /F is run during system start-up by running the command from the command prompt, and selecting run on start-up, issues are reported with the USN...
  3. CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up: When running CHKDSK /V on the boot Windows volume, from the command prompt, no errors are reported. However, when CHKDSK /V /F is run during system start-up by running the command from the command prompt, and selecting run on start-up, issues are reported with the USN...
  4. chkdsk report after successful startup from BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk report after successful startup from BSOD: May I know how to read this report? Was there any problem in my Windows file or bad sectors in my drive? Thank you and the report is shown below. Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Windows. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows...
  5. chkdsk report after successful startup from BSOD

chkdsk report after successful startup from BSOD: May I know how to read this report? Was there any problem in my Windows file or bad sectors in my drive? Thank you and the report is shown below. Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Windows. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows...
  6. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  7. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  8. chkdsk report

9. chkdsk on boot cycling thru the same errors reporting fix over and over but never fix's ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk on boot cycling thru the same errors reporting fix over and over but never fix's ...: Greetings all!I run chkdsk c: /r over ... and over .. and over ... on each boot but it never gets to no errors found?It seems like it displays the same numbers on the screen on each attempt.is there anything else that can fix this?I and running in VMware 15.5 virtual disk...
  10. chkdsk and dir commands report different free space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk and dir commands report different free space: Hello, I would like to know why is there different free space reported by chkdsk and dir commands. I created a compressed NTFS drive and have one folder with files in it. There are no errors on drive at least as reported by chkdsk: x:\>chkdsk x: The type of the...