Windows 10: CHKDSK Report

Discus and support CHKDSK Report in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive? Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vinain, Aug 16, 2019.

1. vinain Win User

CHKDSK Report

Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive?

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    263680 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    7229 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    4269 reparse records processed.
    363772 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    4269 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 148 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 148 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 148 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    50047 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    39268032 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

511437823 KB total disk space.
    33417444 KB in 187823 files.
    129040 KB in 50048 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    387243 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    477504096 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    127859455 total allocation units on disk.
    119376024 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 06 04 00 3a a1 03 00 2c e2 06 00 00 00 00 00 ....:...,.......
    56 00 00 00 57 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 V...W...........

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.​

:)

vinain, Aug 16, 2019
  2. rivre Win User

chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

Any reason chkdsk cut off mid-way through the report? Is this normal when there's lots of corrupted files? Whats the point of a report if it's cut off mid-way? It starts listing the files one by one then cuts off mid-way through the list.

rivre, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 16, 2019
  4. CHKDSK Report

How to access ChkDsk log/report

i ran chkdsk to solve a problem but ware do i find the report after to see proublems

Original Title: shkdisk report

craigsaxon, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

CHKDSK Report

1. CHKDSK Report - Similar Threads - CHKDSK Report

2. F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems: lately a couple of my hard drives have been getting this error come up and I can just chkdsk F: /r /f or w/e but this on is a bit different it has error codes and some other stuff Im trying to save it without wiping it coz I messed up and didn't back up anything so any help...
  3. chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix: trying to run this cmd on a micro sd card that windows 10, or any device I insert the card into, doesn't see, or I can't find. "cannot open volume for direct access" is what it says after pressing enter....
  4. Why is chkdsk failing to run properly the first time I execute it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is chkdsk failing to run properly the first time I execute it?: After running system file checker on all the classroom computers in a private school I provide tech support for, I am also running chckdsk /f /r. There are about 25 computers involved, all with Windows 10 installed and with all latest updates from Microsoft. These are older...
  5. Stuck in a boot cycle after a restart where both Windows update 1903 and chkdsk where...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a boot cycle after a restart where both Windows update 1903 and chkdsk where...: Hi, I was trying to update windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 from Windows Update, after everything was installed I restarted the PC and it went to recovery mode. My next step was using the Windows Assistance tool on the Microsoft website to install the update. After it finished...
  6. Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly: So, my computer was constantly running at 100% disk usage in task manager, making it extremely slow and hard to use. So while looking around and trying to find ways to fix this, I ran into the check disk method. I went into the Command Prompt (Admin)/I think it got renamed to...
  7. Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK

Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK: So, I have a WD My Passport 500 GB. I connected it today, it is showing the drive letter but not the space & explorer stopped responding if I tried to open it. Naturally, I tried to run CHKDSK D: /r /f. But it gave me errors in the stage 4 as follows: I have some very...
  8. chkdsk errors "/F parameter not specified"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk errors "/F parameter not specified": I recently changed my boot partition so I was able to safe boot, but after trying to merge my old partition with my boot drive (MiniTool), it failed and my BIOS reset. Ran chkdsk and it seems I have a few errors. It doesn't seem like I'm able to resolve these with sfc...
  9. Is this false CHKDSK reporting?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this false CHKDSK reporting?: Hi all - I open an administrative command window on W10 Pro and type chkdsk c: /F /V so that chkdsk can run on the boot volume upon restart. Drive C: is an SSD. Upon reboot, chkdsk is invoked and I notice this: [img] Note the bottom line in the picture - Scanning and...
  10. chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk report cut off mid-way?: I'm having disc problems and I ran a chhdsk report. The report listed up to "Record 68 of 238: Corrupt File" and then the report cut off half-way through. So I can't see the rest of the 238 files that were affected. It says it repaired the files but in my experience the files...