Windows 10: CHKDSK restarted itself?

Discus and support CHKDSK restarted itself? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's been running for like 22 hours and it was at Stage 4 but instead of getting to stage 5 it restarted at Stage 1... I don't want to wait another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grapeyy28, Nov 4, 2020.

1. CHKDSK restarted itself?

It's been running for like 22 hours and it was at Stage 4 but instead of getting to stage 5 it restarted at Stage 1... I don't want to wait another day, can I just cut the power to my PC? It literally did nothing just restarted itself (i started it with rebooting my oc yesterday not in windows). Can I restart?

submitted by /u/grapeyy28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grapeyy28, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSoD's

Hi,

I suggest that you run the check disk. Follow the steps:

• Select Command Prompt.
    • Type chkdsk /r (note: there is a space after chkdsk)
    • Restart the computer and allow the check disk to run.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Vinod Archak, Nov 4, 2020
  4. CHKDSK restarted itself?

KB3176493 continuously fails

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a ChkDsk on your system to check for hard disk errors.

To run a ChkDsk on your system drive, follow the steps below:

• Using a command line, type chkdsk /f C: on an elevated command prompt.
    • Press Enter. If the system required your device to restart, restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

CHKDSK restarted itself?

1. CHKDSK restarted itself? - Similar Threads - CHKDSK restarted itself

2. How to restart after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restart after chkdsk?: I run chkdsk on my laptop window 10 follow instructions on YouTube , but I'm not sure what to do after this part https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-after-chkdsk/06325c1b-3906-4fc1-8f06-cd24866bffe4
  3. How to restart after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restart after chkdsk?: I run chkdsk on my laptop window 10 follow instructions on YouTube , but I'm not sure what to do after this part https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-after-chkdsk/06325c1b-3906-4fc1-8f06-cd24866bffe4
  4. How to restart after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  6. CHKDSK restarted itself at Stage 1 - can I hard reboot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK restarted itself at Stage 1 - can I hard reboot?: It's been running for like 22 hours and it was at Stage 4 but instead of getting to stage 5 it restarted at Stage 1... I don't want to wait another day, can I just cut the power to my PC? It literally did nothing just restarted itself (i started it with rebooting my pc...
  7. PC restarts itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts itself: I bought a new Lenovo laptop and installed some softwares on it like Autocad, 3D Max and Photoshop plus to Microsoft office. when I'm trying to make file save as,the PC shows me a blue screen and start itself as attached Could you help me with this problem whether it...
  8. The computer restarts itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  9. CHKDSK Scan upon restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK Scan upon restart.: Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one if at all possible. I have two seperate harddrives installed. On my one drive which is may main one I have a copy of Windows 7. My second drive has two partitions, one running Win 7 Pro and the second partition running...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...