Windows 10: chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet!

Discus and support chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older system running Windows 10 Pro ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 24GB ram AMD Radeon R9 200 series 2GB at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yeisei, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Yeisei Win User

chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet!

I have an older system running Windows 10 Pro

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

24GB ram

AMD Radeon R9 200 series 2GB

at 68 years old this is more then enough system for what I need.

the problem is every time it has tried to install Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update) it fails

I have even tried downloading the stand alone update and installing from it.

this too has failed, as I was told this version was not for my system when running it.

about 3 weeks ago what appears to be chkdsk has been running non-stop on this system.

I can unplug my system from the internet, reboot it and it runs fine.

I plug it back into the router and the system starts running chkdsk(?) again, using the C: drive 100% of the time

with 20% Disk usage reported by Task Manager. This has made use of my system impossible.

This never stops running, even after days of running.

On top of this Microsoft keeps downloading the 1803 update and trying to install it.

As Owner and Administrator, I'm not allowed to stop or prevent this!

I have run chkdsk on the drive, it says there are no errors and it does not need to be run.

How do I stop this nonsense short of going to court and getting a cease and desist order?

I'm retired and have earned the right to use MY system when and how I see fit.

What right does Microsoft have to take it over preventing me from using it?

This is starting to look a lot like internet bullying!

An update that fails is one thing.

Forcing chkdsk every time I connect to the internet preventing me from using My system or the Internet

I pay for is a crime!

:)

Yeisei, Jun 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 2, 2019
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

1. chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet! - Similar Threads - chkdsk running soon

2. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  3. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  4. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  6. chkdsk is not running.

chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  7. CHKDSK not running with bitlocker

CHKDSK not running with bitlocker: Am trying to run chkdsk on a bitlocker encrypted system drive. It looks like it starts on reboot but does not process as it takes maybe 10 seconds then it kicks to windows when a chkdsk /b /r on this hardware should take 20 min. Have tried to suspend bitlocker and get same...
  8. Running CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running CHKDSK: Hi, i run chkddsk and this is the result but im not sure what to do about it, maybe i should just reinstall win10?C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkddsk 'chkddsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of...
  9. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....
  10. Internet doesn't connect soon enough to Spotlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet doesn't connect soon enough to Spotlight: When i boot the PC, the internet doesn't connect soon enough so that Windows Spotlight can show me a new image. It takes a few seconds to show me the internet icon. It used to work, but after some time i only get the default picture. I have already tried those: -Format the...