Windows 10: Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

Discus and support Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oceirot, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows?

I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters

submitted by /u/Oceirot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oceirot, Jul 21, 2020

2. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which
    I have always had off, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jamesblack5, Jul 21, 2020
  3. fostandy Win User
    Why do I need to chkdsk my bitlocker encrypted vhd every time I mount it?

I've got a .vhd NTFS drive which is bitlocker encrypted.

At some point I guess a rogue power cycle or plain old random corruption got to it and I need to chkdsk it every time it's mounted. The process that now occurs is:

1. double-click the .vhd file.

1.1. It then shows up in explorer as the assigned drive (presumably remembered somewhere).

1.2. explorer tries to browse to the location but you get the old "X:\ is not accessible, the parameter is incorrect". This is normal and fine afaik - just explorer trying to browse to folder not unlocked yet
    2. click on the drive in explorer

2.1. get the bitlocker prompt
    3. enter the password correctly

3.1 at this point, the drive disappears in explorer sidebar, although remains in the devices and drives
    4. open an administrator command prompt and run chkdsk /f x:. Hit yes when prompted.

4.1. chkdsk reports back with this info (anything redacted red is a non-zero number)

4.2. the disk is now available as expected/desired and does not seem to have any problems. sha2 on all the files against mirror copies elsewhere (where available) suggest they are all intact.

The everything otherwise seems fine but this has to be done every time the disk is mounted. Is there a way to eliminate steps 3 and 4?

Pics:

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer TviEt.png

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer soZD7.png

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer QWgl6.png

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer fBUJX.png

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer Y8vql.png

fostandy, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

Why can't I run chkdsk?

Hello Jack,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to some problem with the Administrator privileges. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you're logged in as an Administrator when you're trying to run chkdsk on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting? Kindly send us a screenshot if possible.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to disable the third-party antivirus software on your computer. After disabling it, try to run chkdsk and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

1. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer - Similar Threads - Chkdsk runs every

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  6. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  7. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc: chkdsk scanning and repairing C: every time i turn on my pc i have this message I thought it was a hard disk problem , but my computer is new also the hard disk and powerful specificationsi tried fix it with CHKDSK /F /R C: and the result is no problems found or any bad...
  9. chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc: chkdsk scanning and repairing C: every time i turn on my pc i have this message I thought it was a hard disk problem , but my computer is new also the hard disk and powerful specificationsi tried fix it with CHKDSK /F /R C: and the result is no problems found or any bad...
  10. chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc