Windows 10: "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102

Discus and support "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Might not be relevant information but it's how I got here: It started with having an issue with File History. File History can no longer see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DastardlyDino, Jan 6, 2021.

1. "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102

Might not be relevant information but it's how I got here:

It started with having an issue with File History. File History can no longer see my external hard drive. For reasons, I decided to stop file history and start it over fresh. But when I did that file history could no longer find the external hard drive I've been using to back up to. Which is weird because file explorer can see it just fine, and I can copy and paste files into and out of the external drive. But I digress. So I was trying to solve my issue with File History and was playing around with the computer when I decided to check for errors on my main drive which is a 1 tb M.2. The Windows Error checking program detected an error so I told it to fix it. It went through the process of restarting and trying to fix the error but when I ran the Check Drive program again, after it was supposed to be fixed, I got the same error.

"Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on C:

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "<0x41,0x1679c>"
    was not able to send command for self-healing due to lack of memory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102
    "chkdsk /f" will be required to repair the volume."

I have no idea what this means or how to fix this. Anyone here have any ideas? My computer seems to run perfectly fine. Well besides the new issue with File History. Should I be worried about this?

Bonus points if you know how to fix my issue with file history just straight up not being able to see my external hard drive.

:)

DastardlyDino, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Getting "drive is not accessible" after aborting a full scan

Hi Emuobo,

This may be caused by a corrupted file that Windows Defender has detected but, was not fully scanned after the scanning was aborted.

Running a chkdsk may resolve the issue. Please check Running chkdsk
    and find the steps on how to run it by following the steps provided by Gerry C J Cornell.

You may also use The Win+X Quick Link menu. Kindly follow the steps on this article,
    Show Command Prompt or WindowsPowerShell

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer more assistance.

Rey Cam, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Self-healing glass discovered by accident

Read more: End of the smashed phone screen? Self-healing glass discovered by accident | Technology | The Guardian

Brink, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Self-healing glass discovered by accident

Read more: End of the smashed phone screen? Self-healing glass discovered by accident | Technology | The Guardian

Brink, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102 - Similar Threads - chkdsk scan aborting

2. CHKDSK Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK Scan: I wanted to run a chkdsk c: /r /scan /perf on my Windows becouse i thought i had corrupted files. Before this happened i was turning on my Llaptop and it took me to Automatic Repair Tools where it said i need to recoved my files, i told it to try again about 5 Times but it...
  3. CHKDSK Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK Scan: I wanted to run a chkdsk c: /r /scan /perf on my Windows becouse i thought i had corrupted files. Before this happened i was turning on my Llaptop and it took me to Automatic Repair Tools where it said i need to recoved my files, i told it to try again about 5 Times but it...
  4. CHKDSK Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  6. Error code: 0xc0000102

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code: 0xc0000102: I just keep dropping this annoying laptop and the HHD wire keeps falling out of place. I guess it the wire fell out at the most critical time because pc wont boot anymore....
  7. How to abort a scan of Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to abort a scan of Windows Defender: Hi, I accidentally initiated a scan in Windows Defender Security Center, and it has brought my system down onto its knees. How can I abort the scan? I have too many unfinished and half-finished things open -- so I don't want to force a restart. I'm using Windows 10...
  8. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 9,000 clusters checked...
  9. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling chkdisk without...
  10. Self-healing glass discovered by accident

in Windows 10 News
    Self-healing glass discovered by accident: [img] New type of polymer glass that can mend itself when pressed together is in development by University of Tokyo after a student discovered it. Japanese researchers say they have developed a new type of glass that can heal itself from cracks and breaks. Glass...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk /scan is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102

2. chkdsk was not able to send command for self-healing due to lack of memory

3. 0xc0000102 chkdsk ok