Windows 10: Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

Discus and support Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently updated from 1803 to 1809 and it worked when I woke up. After restart it was stuck at loading dots. When I went to safe mode it said couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edward Ki., Mar 28, 2019.

1. Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

Recently updated from 1803 to 1809

and it worked when I woke up. After restart it was stuck at loading dots. When I went to safe mode it said couldn't complete changes undoing but my windows version was still 1809 and my PC worked fine when I disabled driver siganture enforcement. Now it doesnt work with that and the internet told me to do chkdsk so I did from a safe mode cmd prompt and its stuck at 11%.What do i do+

:)

Edward Ki., Mar 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Chkdsk stuck at 11%

just need a simple, official answer - preferably a “yes” or “no”

Q: is it normal (or acceptable, not an error) for windows 10 chkdsk to be stuck on 11% for a long period of time? If “no” feel free to go off on tangents and start getting technical, but only after clearly answering the ?.

Thanks in advance.

Inertia000, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

CHKDSK LogFile:

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
    (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

chkdsk /r seems t be stuck at 11%. Assuming it gets past this:

What do I look for for Win 10 as I am not running Win7 or XP?

WhiteWolf 6.0, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

1. Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel - Similar Threads - Chkdsk stuck 11%

2. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  3. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  4. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  5. CHKDSK process stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK process stuck: I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the...
  6. Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  7. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  8. chkdsk stuck at 12%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk stuck at 12%: My laptop is just 3 days old and its disk usage is always 100%, I tried to chkdsk to help it but it also got stuck at 12%, I tried to disable the windows search option but it helps temporarily, help me solve this, the system is updated and so the drivers but nothing can stop...
  9. Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%: I started running chkdsk /R about an hour and a half ago. It still says "Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile: 11% complete." Why does it still say 11%? 62529
  10. Chkdsk stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk stuck: Hello chkdsk is stuck at 10% now for hours, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 I have 12GB of RAM and a Intel i7, on a 500GB hybrid drive. I just got the laptop a month ago. I decided to run chkdsk on a whim even though I'm not having any problems and don't suspect any errors,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk stuck at 11%

2. windows 10 chkdsk stuck at 11%

3. win 10 chkdsk stuck at 11%