Windows 10: chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning

Discus and support chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a restore point before attempting to install software. While the program was installing it locked up while installing .NET framework. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MisterPotatoHead, Apr 4, 2019.

1. chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning

I created a restore point before attempting to install software. While the program was installing it locked up while installing .NET framework. I canceled the installation and when I attempted a system restore using the restore point I created, it gave an error saying there was a problem on the disk and that I needed to run chkdsk.

When I ran chkdsk after restart, it counts down and then just boots to Windows normally.

I set the chkdsk timer to zero using chkntfs /t:0 but it still boots to Windows normally.

I ran sfc /scannow which reported "no integrity violations."

I wondered if my .NET framework was corrupted because of the s/w install so I turned .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7 off and then rebooted and then on and rebooted. Windows went out and seemed to be downloading something... I was hopeful but that didn't help either. chkdsk still won't run.

Now, after a few days, the Restore Point I created is gone and the automatic ones that are created daily are missing as well.

Please help!

Thanks.

:)

MisterPotatoHead, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (Cchkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 4, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning

1. chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning - Similar Threads - chkdsk won't run

2. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  3. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  4. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  6. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  7. Running CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running CHKDSK: Hi, i run chkddsk and this is the result but im not sure what to do about it, maybe i should just reinstall win10?C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkddsk 'chkddsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of...
  8. chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup: I am trying to image my boot hard drive in order to migrate the data to an ssd. The backup software (Macrium Reflect) first checks the file system, but reports an "MFT corrupt error", and indicates to run chkdsk c: /r to fix the issue. I opened power shell and attempted to...
  9. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....
  10. Restore Point won't work on 16226

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point won't work on 16226: Installed 16226 the other day, the OS seems to work ok..mouse acts weird sometimes. My main problem I can not create a restore point. I went into gpedit.msc and make sure that the restore point was configured as "Not Configured". Error code 0x81000203 is displayed. Googled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant system restore chkdsk wont run