Windows 10: chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x"

Discus and support chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ALL my chm files display an "x" in place of graphic content. Those same files display properly on all my other Win 10 Pro machines. I'm currently at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillAtGraeagle, Jan 4, 2020.

1. chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x"

ALL my chm files display an "x" in place of graphic content. Those same files display properly on all my other Win 10 Pro machines. I'm currently at 1909 and it seems the problem started as long ago as 1809......... maybe even 1803.

Any suggestions?

:)

BillAtGraeagle, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

.chm file opening problem

Hi StephenFeldheim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sometimes, due to security reasons, the .CHM file you want to open may be blocked. You will have to unblock it to view the contents of the .CHM files.

Please try this step and let us know if it works:

1. Right click on the .CHM you want to open and click on Properties.

2. Under the General tab, check the option called Unblock.

3. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jan 4, 2020
  3. best way to convert chm to pdf or print whole chm?

I'm not asking about printing or saving page as PDF. That I can do with cute PDF, tinypdf etc.
    But I need to convert whole chm book to PDF so I can have print (hard copy) of it Bcz in chm I can take print of whole book at once.

freebird_9924, Jan 4, 2020
  4. chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x"

Dialog / Popup boxes not displaying content fully?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

From the above description, I suspect that there might be issue with the display drivers.

Meanwhile, I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

1. Press
    Windows key + X and click on Device manager.

2. Expand
    Display Driver from the list.

3. Right click on the
    Graphic driver and select update driver software.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x"

1. chm files display graphic content as a little box with an "x" - Similar Threads - chm files display

2. little boxes with red X's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    little boxes with red X's: I seem to be getting frequent little boxes with a red X in documents emailed and/or opened. What's the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/little-boxes-with-red-xs/811bedfa-5e3a-4cce-aa5f-53dd97888815
  3. little boxes with red X's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    little boxes with red X's: I seem to be getting frequent little boxes with a red X in documents emailed and/or opened. What's the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/little-boxes-with-red-xs/811bedfa-5e3a-4cce-aa5f-53dd97888815
  4. Popup boxes not displaying content fully

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popup boxes not displaying content fully: I have a problem with pop up boxes on Edge Chromium not displaying the content fully. Here's the screenshot attached. please advice on how to avoid this. [ATTACH]...
  5. CHM displays differently on various PCs

CHM displays differently on various PCs: When me or my colleagues open a CHM file, the file will display differently depending on which PC we are using. We are not sure what causes this issue. We all have different Windows builds. PCs with a lower Windows build display the CHM correctly. The higher the build, the...
  6. chm display small box with "x" instead of graphic content

in Windows 10 Support
    chm display small box with "x" instead of graphic content: ALL my chm files display an "x" in place of graphic content. Those same files display properly on all my other Win 10 Pro machines. I'm currently at 1909 and it seems the problem started as long ago as 1809......... maybe even 1803. Any suggestions? [img] 147784
  7. instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them

instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them: In Windows 10 Mail instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instead-of-pictures-i-have-blank-boxes-with-a/22f1f889-9e6e-4f8f-9385-6ef6eb23f716
  8. .chm file opening problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .chm file opening problem: I am trying to open a .chm file in Windows 10. I am only getting the menu on the left, see below [ATTACH] it should look like this with an index on the left and links on the right. Any one have a suggestion. [ATTACH]...
  9. Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!: I have a problem with pop up dialog boxes on Windows 10 not displaying the content fully. Its rather frustrating as I can not see most of the text or the buttons to click on. I have changed my resolutions to different ones and also display size but the problem still persists....
  10. Boxes with no graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    Boxes with no graphics: Recently when shopping, there are times/places where the pictures of the product don't show up. There will just be a box with a little thumbnail of some kind in the upper left corner. I was on Walmart the other night and some pictures showed up while others didn't. I went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printing a .chm file with graphics