Windows 10: Choices

Discus and support Choices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something can't disable quick access in file explorer can't remove Bing can't get Cortana do use Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Shewmake, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Choices

Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something

1. can't disable quick access in file explorer
    2. can't remove Bing
    3. can't get Cortana do use Google
    4. can't use network sharing any more

and the list goes on,]

I'm sure you have a few things to add as well

Why does it seem the more '"features" we have the less choice we have?

I don't really want much,, I just want to sit down at my computer and use the programs I want for the tasks I want to do.

Instead, I spend more time fighting with my computer than actually using it., and I'm afraid the computer is wining

:)

Tim Shewmake, Jul 4, 2019

2. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Swype - problem on word choice list

Hey guys, I'm using nokia 5800 currently. I had just installed Swype apps and I found out that one issue arised when I'm texting.

The problem is the word choice list provided is some sort of "boxes" other than alphabet shown , that means I cannot read what was suggested by swype.

Please suggest solutions for the problem.:smileysad:

weekiattan, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Choices

when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Do you want to back up the previous Operating system?

Yes you have the choice to take back up your operating system any time after update in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to check how to take a backup.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control panel.
    • Change the category to Large Icons and Select back up my PC.
    • Select set the backup drive.
    • Follow the on screen steps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Choices

1. Choices - Similar Threads - Choices

2. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...: I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do....
  3. One drive leaves no choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  4. One drive leaves no choice.

One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  5. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that: I have Windows 11 23H2. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that or correct xxxxword. The original WSR does present the list as expected....
  6. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that

Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that: I have Windows 11 23H2. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that or correct xxxxword. The original WSR does present the list as expected....
  7. Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  8. Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store

Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  9. Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?: i am trying to open a app which is supported only win 10 and later versions, and i have windows 10 22h2 version all my drivers are updated all local app files are checked 10 times maybe more and i still unable to run the program because of compatibilty settings and i cant...
  10. Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?: i am trying to open a app which is supported only win 10 and later versions, and i have windows 10 22h2 version all my drivers are updated all local app files are checked 10 times maybe more and i still unable to run the program because of compatibilty settings and i cant...