Windows 10: "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

Discus and support "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the computer was turned on and before the password was entered, the screen asked for us to choose a pin number to make the log-in more secure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DallasDeVinney, Sep 11, 2018.

1. "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

When the computer was turned on and before the password was entered, the screen asked for us to choose a pin number to make the log-in more secure. There is no way to get it off the screen. Help!

:)

DallasDeVinney, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 11, 2018
  4. "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

"Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

1. "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer. - Similar Threads - Choose pin Froze

2. Windows froze

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows froze: Hello guys! My computer screen froze and i restarted it. After i did it the laptop screen looks like this and i can t navigate through windows. I can see the cursor up, but i can only use it up there. I have already tried booting in safe mode and entering bios to restore the...
  3. Windows froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows froze: Hello guys! My computer screen froze and i restarted it. After i did it the laptop screen looks like this and i can t navigate through windows. I can see the cursor up, but i can only use it up there....
  4. Windows froze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows froze: Hello guys! My computer screen froze and i restarted it. After i did it the laptop screen looks like this and i can t navigate through windows. I can see the cursor up, but i can only use it up there....
  5. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  6. Computer randomly froze then restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly froze then restarted: The computer randomly froze then restarted please help. I am worried about a bad part or perhaps windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-froze-then-restarted/fd4a7960-b53f-4517-b666-c5b4949f3f22
  7. Randomly my computer froze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly my computer froze: Today my computer screen while i was searching on google Froze and nothing works I tried everything, I hold power button to turn off my computer but when I turned on my computer again nothing comes on screen. This happened 2 months ago but after 10 minutes when it was off...
  8. My computer froze

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer froze: My computer froze. I could not bring up the task manager either with CTRL +shift + Esc or with CTRL +Alt +delete. I could not turn the computer off. Finally, I noticed the clock was an hour behind. I unplugged the power cord. I still could not turn off the computer. After...
  9. After Windows 10 update, computer froze.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update, computer froze.: Clicked on update & went to bed. Didn't see any messages. Stuck on 1st screen without log in option, Mouse & Keyboard do nothing. can someone help?...
  10. Windows 10 update froze my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update froze my computer: Two nights ago, when I went to close my computer, it gave me the option to "install updates and then restart". I clicked ok and then it ran through the update for a really long time. When I checked my computer, it was frozen on the welcome screen. Now i cannot get my...