Windows 10: Choose an operating system loop

Discus and support Choose an operating system loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Having serious problems. When I turn my PC on I get the BIOS screen, then short while after a blue screen with “Choose an operating system”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kuribo913, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Kuribo913 Win User

Choose an operating system loop

Hi

Having serious problems.

When I turn my PC on I get the BIOS screen, then short while after a blue screen with “Choose an operating system”. There are two options that are the same

windows 10 on volume 2

windows 10 on volume 2

the PC then starts over again choosing either of these same options and I get the same screen after the gigabyte BIOS screen and the whole process repeats.

I also cannot access the BIOS screen- Choosing Boot Menu by pressing F12 gives me a black screen that goes nowhere and have to force the PC to turn off.

I am then back to this frustrating loop.

By the way this all happened after I installed windows 10 and Shortly after the PC would completely shut down without warning and I would get a blue screen which said windows ran into an error and has to restart- I eventually tried to do a system restore but keeping personal files but unfortuantely it got to 88% and the PC switched off without notice- perhaps this is why it thinks there are two operating systems and now stuck on this screen- I cannot see a way to get back to the blue screen where you attempt to boot windows from an external CD or USB drive.

Any help I would greatly appreciate!

:)

Kuribo913, Dec 16, 2020

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 16, 2020
  3. How to get out of infinite boot loop? (Keeps saying choose an operating system)

I was factory resetting my pc, it was stuck at 68% and I stupidly turned off my pc. Now it is stuck in a loop where it says choose an operating system, I choose one, it restarts, and it lets me choose an operating system again and repeats the enitre process.

JackGavin1, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Choose an operating system loop

Three days ago I reseted my laptop becuase it would freeze whenever I tried to log in. I selected the option to keep my files.

After windows reinstalled, my laptop stayed in a black screen for several minutes so I turned it off and when I turned it on, the blue screen with the words "Choose an operating system" appeared. The are three options. Two of them are Windows 10 (on volume
    2) and the other one says Windows 10 (Home). When I choose any of the Windows 10 (on volume 2) my laptop restarts and then the blue screen with the words "Choose an operating system" appears again, and if I choose Windows 10 (home), it restarts and then it
    freezes.

I tried to reset my laptop again, but it says that there was an error.

If anyone knows what to do. Please help me. I had a very important file in my laptop.

Maria Flores V., Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Choose an operating system loop - Similar Threads - Choose operating system

2. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on choose an operating system loop: I recently bought a pc but someone's stuff was still on there so I reset the pc after it started installing windows my cat unplugged my pc and now when I turn on the pc I can't get past the choose an operating system screen I choose one and it reboots showing the same choose...
  3. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on choose an operating system loop: I recently bought a pc but someone's stuff was still on there so I reset the pc after it started installing windows my cat unplugged my pc and now when I turn on the pc I can't get past the choose an operating system screen I choose one and it reboots showing the same choose...
  4. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck in choose operating system loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in choose operating system loop: I went to update windows after not doing it for a long time and upon restart my computer got stuck in a loop asking to choose an operating sytem and nothing seems to work i have tried a boot device to repair and cancel the upgrade but it hasnt the loop...
  6. Windows 'Choose an operating system' loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 'Choose an operating system' loop: I recently reset my Windows 10 laptop, and all went fine, until it hit the 'Choose an operating system' page. It keeps on looping, and there are two of the same operating systems- Windows 10 on volume 3. How do I stop this and continue?...
  7. Windows 'Choose an operating system' loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 'Choose an operating system' loop: I recently reset my Windows 10 laptop, and all went fine, until it hit the 'Choose an operating system' page. It keeps on looping, and there are two of the same operating systems- Windows 10 on volume 3. How do I stop this and continue?...
  8. Windows 'Choose an operating system' loop

9. Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system": I tried to restart my computer a day or 2 ago and it got stuck on 82%. I restarted it and it kept bringing me to "Choose an operating system". I have tried to choose both options and nothing, I've also went into trouble shoot options and tried all of those, but now even my...
  10. Choose an operating system loop

Choose an operating system loop: My PC kept giving my the blue screen of death so i decided to reset the computer. After it reset it took me to choose an operating system screen. I have two options that are the same , its says Windows 10 and underneath windows 10 it says ‘Volume 3’ each option will load and...