Windows 10: "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

Discus and support "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Windows 10 Pro; Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 2.0 mobo; 8GB RAM; Team L3 240GB SSD.] Both mice and my keyboard work perfectly after my system boots to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016.

1. "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

[Windows 10 Pro; Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 2.0 mobo; 8GB RAM; Team L3 240GB SSD.]

Both mice and my keyboard work perfectly after my system boots to the logon screen. My mice were definitely working perfectly about a month ago when I tested my desktop PC to make sure I could access my newly created entries of "Boot to Safe Mode" & " Boot to Safe Mode with Networking". Withing the past week or so, I enabled AHCI mode in my BIOS to take better advantage of correct "defrag"\TRIM for my O\S SSD. As best I can remember, that seems to have been the turning point after which my USB wireless mouse, my USB wired mouse, AND my USB keyboard arrow keys quit working when trying to choose a boot option. Since I can no longer make any boot selection with mouse or keyboard, I am stuck with booting only the default choice and only after the number of set seconds. Is there possibly a different BIOS setting that I must change or ??????

Thanks much for any potential help.

:)

yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Apr 6, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Apr 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

"Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Thank you. I checked those two topics when changing to AHCI after I had already upgraded to Windows 10. I just re-read them. Nothing there seems to address my problem of "no mouse, no keyboard" where one would normally be able to select a boot option. I cannot select any option. The default is pre-selected and my system does boot as it should and runs as it should after booting. I have searched this forum (and the web) but I have been unable to find any info for my specific Win10 problem.

yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Could you please complete your system spec?

Perhaps someone may think of something if you specify what sort of keyboard/mouse/
    Desktop? Laptop?

Some wireless devices have cause problems (but not this sort AFAIK). Thanks!

Do you have the same issue with a wired mouse? Your touchpad (if any?)

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  7. What other specs should I list please? Already mentioned that this is a desktop (custom, home-built), a wired mouse, a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse. (Wireless mouse is Logitech, wired mouse is Razer Diamondback, & wired keyboard is Dell). EVERYTHING worked precisely as it should, changed BIOS to AHCI, then mice and keyboard [then and only then] quit working on the "Choose an Operating System" screen. After booting, everything again works fine.

yrralrellim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

1. "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys - Similar Threads - Choose Operating System

2. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  3. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  4. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. choose an operating system step

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    choose an operating system step: how can i address the step CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM with options [ ]win11 on volume 9 of [ ]win11 on volume 3? I tried to clone my win11 system disk. It led me to this step....
  6. Can't choose operating system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't choose operating system.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Analyst8190 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq7fwm/cant_choose_operating_system/
  7. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  8. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  9. Choose an Operating System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choose an Operating System: After I reset this PC, is a laptop Toshiba, befor the logon Toshiba show up a screen that say Choose an operating System,that show windows 10 is on volume 4,i only have windows 10.not other operating system,how can i fix it...
  10. Choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose an operating system loop: Hi Having serious problems. When I turn my PC on I get the BIOS screen, then short while after a blue screen with “Choose an operating system”. There are two options that are the same windows 10 on volume 2 windows 10 on volume 2 the PC then starts over again...