Windows 10: "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

Discus and support "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Windows 10 Pro; Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 2.0 mobo; 8GB RAM; Team L3 240GB SSD.] Both mice and my keyboard work perfectly after my system boots to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016.

1. "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

[Windows 10 Pro; Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 2.0 mobo; 8GB RAM; Team L3 240GB SSD.]

Both mice and my keyboard work perfectly after my system boots to the logon screen. My mice were definitely working perfectly about a month ago when I tested my desktop PC to make sure I could access my newly created entries of "Boot to Safe Mode" & " Boot to Safe Mode with Networking". Withing the past week or so, I enabled AHCI mode in my BIOS to take better advantage of correct "defrag"\TRIM for my O\S SSD. As best I can remember, that seems to have been the turning point after which my USB wireless mouse, my USB wired mouse, AND my USB keyboard arrow keys quit working when trying to choose a boot option. Since I can no longer make any boot selection with mouse or keyboard, I am stuck with booting only the default choice and only after the number of set seconds. Is there possibly a different BIOS setting that I must change or ??????

Thanks much for any potential help.

:)

yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Apr 6, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Apr 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

"Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Thank you. I checked those two topics when changing to AHCI after I had already upgraded to Windows 10. I just re-read them. Nothing there seems to address my problem of "no mouse, no keyboard" where one would normally be able to select a boot option. I cannot select any option. The default is pre-selected and my system does boot as it should and runs as it should after booting. I have searched this forum (and the web) but I have been unable to find any info for my specific Win10 problem.

yrralrellim, Apr 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Could you please complete your system spec?

Perhaps someone may think of something if you specify what sort of keyboard/mouse/
    Desktop? Laptop?

Some wireless devices have cause problems (but not this sort AFAIK). Thanks!

Do you have the same issue with a wired mouse? Your touchpad (if any?)

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  7. What other specs should I list please? Already mentioned that this is a desktop (custom, home-built), a wired mouse, a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse. (Wireless mouse is Logitech, wired mouse is Razer Diamondback, & wired keyboard is Dell). EVERYTHING worked precisely as it should, changed BIOS to AHCI, then mice and keyboard [then and only then] quit working on the "Choose an Operating System" screen. After booting, everything again works fine.

yrralrellim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

1. "Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys - Similar Threads - Choose Operating System

2. Mouse keeps being controlled by arrow keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse keeps being controlled by arrow keys: Whenever I press the arrow keys it moves my mouse. how do I disable this? if it helps I am using an asus vivobook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-being-controlled-by-arrow-keys/81ba3c42-88a0-47b0-b697-db674e792ee2
  3. Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.

Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.: Title. Every time I touch the arrow keys, my mouse's pointer moves. I don't know how to fix this, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-keep-moving-the-mouse-but-i-dont-have/b39c166c-e22c-4b27-aff1-1b303ffa5477
  4. mouse arrow

mouse arrow: How can I change the color of the mouse arrow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-arrow/419a024d-1362-46b6-b465-f329d7aae609
  5. arrow keys

arrow keys: my arrow keys are typing wasd instead of the actual keys please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys/d4d8efed-8257-44cb-8620-ed2353733f15
  6. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".: How can I remove an operating system entry from "choose an operating system" option at startup. I've manually deleted those extra operating systems but didn't knew that it would cause this problem. It only shows up here, I can not find any other files of Prime OS and Phoenix...
  7. How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10: This message appears every time I start my Acer laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-stop-choose-an-operating-system-in-windows/2876319a-35c8-4da5-84e4-2f37ecb336bb
  8. "Choose Operating System" Screen Dim (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose Operating System" Screen Dim (sometimes): Why is it the little things that seem to bother us (at least me!) the most. When I start up my Dell laptop I get the opening blue screen with the "Choose Operating System" information. I have Macrium Reflect installed so I get the Windows 10 choice as well as the Macrium...
  9. Laptop freezing on 'Choose an Operating System'

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezing on 'Choose an Operating System': I'm trying to switch from an M.2 SSD to a SATA SSD on my MSI GS60, so I have installed Windows 10 Home on the new SSD, and it has picked up the digital licence - however, there is some strange behaviour: Every time I boot, it comes up with a 'Choose your Operating System'...
  10. Choose Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Choose Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10 How to Choose a Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one operating system installed on your PC, then you will have 30 seconds by default...