Windows 10: Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

Discus and support Choose an option not showing other advanced options. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please help! on choose an option it did not show Use a device and in advanced options it only show Startup options. Please help this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JingPu612, Apr 5, 2021.

1. JingPu612 Win User

Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

Please help! on choose an option it did not show Use a device and in advanced options it only show Startup options. Please help this.

:)

JingPu612, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu.
    Hold down Shift and click on Restart.

Choose an option not showing other advanced options. [​IMG]

You will boot to the Choose an option menu.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Found this while trying to delete C:\Windows.old. Booting to a Command Prompt allowed me to use

D:
    rd /s Windows.old

Had to find the boot drive first though which turned out to be D:

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Where "advanced startup" option.

Hello all:

I am trying to "restore system" in w10 and choose the way of

"To Do a System Restore of Windows 10 at Boot"

The first step of this method is to "boot to advanced startup options"

But, I can not find the "advanced startup" option?!

Where is it? Please tell me!

HonglinZhao, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

My screen only shows the "choose an option" screen.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform an automatic repair and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case
      you create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.
    Step 3

If automatic repair doesn’t help to repair the startup files, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advance Options.

Refer to the steps:

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD
      or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from
      Choose an option
      screen.

• Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on command Prompt.

• Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:
    Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

1. Choose an option not showing other advanced options. - Similar Threads - Choose option showing

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  5. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  6. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  8. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  9. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...