Windows 10: Choose an option

Discus and support Choose an option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by palak_6219, Nov 8, 2018.

1. palak_6219 Win User

Choose an option

Choose an option [​IMG]Choose an option [​IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands-

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

But it says access denied at this step (Bootrec /fixboot).

What do I do now?

:)

palak_6219, Nov 8, 2018
  2. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Nov 8, 2018
  3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Eileen Gal Win User

Choose an option

Files show up when choosing installation path ONLY

Hi,

Enabling view hidden folders/files option is the initial step that you can do to view those missing files. Since you've already tried that step, we suggest changing some settings in the
    Folder Options. Follow the steps listed to make changes in viewing your folders:

• Type This PC in the Search bar then hit
      Enter
    • Double-click Desktop then click the View option on top.
    • Go to the Options tab then click the drop-down button and choose
      Change folder and search options.
    • Click the View tab and uncheck the highlighted options:

Choose an option 22c8117b-2a9b-4ee9-8d9c-ec85455e827b.png

• Click OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Choose an option

1. Choose an option - Similar Threads - Choose option

2. Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option": I cannot get any further than the "choose an option" screen, once I select troubleshoot from here my laptop starts. I cannot get to Advaced Options>Startup Setting like I am trying. I have tried all ways that I've seen thus far and have yet to come to a solution. Please...
  3. Available WIFI list dissapears before having the option to choose a wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Available WIFI list dissapears before having the option to choose a wifi connection: Hello, When i click the wifi icon to get me a list of possible wifi connections the list dissapaears before i can choose a connection. I see windows trying to load the list but then suddenly closes the list without giving me the options. Did not find a solution on the...
  4. Why is the windows automatic repair "Choose a different operating System" option show that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is the windows automatic repair "Choose a different operating System" option show that...: I got an error starting up windows and then I did the windows automatic repair. I selected the “Choose a different Operating System” Option, and I only have 1 installation of windows 10, yet it’s showing 3 in this order: Windows Windows Windows (Volume 4) Does...
  5. When will we have a option to choose which screen we have our action center on??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will we have a option to choose which screen we have our action center on??: right now if you have multiple screens on your windows you can only have your action center on the 1st screen, but if you gaming or using full screen applications that means you ether have to keep getting interrupted by messages or you don't get any at all, I think that there...
  6. Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications"...: Windows 10 after installing Autumn update. Settings>Privacy>Notifications the option "choose which apps can access your notifications" is blank. As I can't get any notifications despite showing that I do have some could this be the reason?...
  7. Adjust image settings with preview : which option should i choose?help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust image settings with preview : which option should i choose?help: I'm running on a nvidia gefore 940mx 2 gb laptop gpu , and i'm currently testing 2 options from nvidia control panel , use the advanced 3d image settings( I was already using this option for a long time , it was the default option i think) , and let the 3d application decide...
  8. If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...

If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...: The edition I'm using is Windows 10 Pro, and under the Activation, it says: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I would like to choose Reset my PC from the Recovery option, keep my files and reinstall Windows, but will I have to enter the...
  9. Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen: Laptop: HP Problem: Windows boot to "Choose an option" Screen with the options: 1. Continue - Exit and continue to windows 2. Use a device 3. TroubleShoot 4. Turn off your PS I performed a clean windows 10 installation, but the PC still boots the same screen. - When...
  10. Dell Laptop stuck at 'choose a option' screen

Dell Laptop stuck at 'choose a option' screen: Hi, I am having trouble with my Dell Latitude E6430 laptop, and i think it happened after an windows update couple of months ago. When i first experienced the problem i didnt wanted to do anything rational, because i have a lot of files that i didnt want to lose. When i...