Windows 10: Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action...

Discus and support Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Settings > AutoPlay > Choose AutoPlay defaults are three devices: Removable drive Memory card Apple iPhone I want Adobe Lightroom to open when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ixodid, Mar 3, 2020.

1. ixodid Win User

Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action...

In Settings > AutoPlay > Choose AutoPlay defaults are three devices:

Removable drive
    Memory card
    Apple iPhone

I want Adobe Lightroom to open when I plug in the iPhone via USB. That choice is not listed in the Apple iPhone drop-down but it is listed in the other two drop-downs.

Is there a way I can get Lightroom to be listed in the Apple iPhone drop-down?

Thank you

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

:)

ixodid, Mar 3, 2020
  2. ixodid Win User

In Settings > AutoPlay > Choose AutoPlay defaults are three devices:

Removable drive
    Memory card
    Apple iPhone

I want Adobe Lightroom to open when I plug in the iPhone via USB. That choice is not listed in the Apple iPhone drop-down but it is listed in the other two drop-downs.

Is there a way I can get Lightroom to be listed in the Apple iPhone drop-down?

Thank you

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

ixodid, May 27, 2020
  3. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2020
  4. Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action...

How can I assign a media player to autoplay CDs?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Under Music Player, choose Music Player

Choose Winamp if its listed.

Click Video player, choose your choose your desired DVD player.

Go back Home, then click Devices > AutoPlay

Choose the default for your Remove drive.

If you need more expanded options, press Windows key + R

Type Control

Hit Enter

Open AutoPlay then choose the default actions.

Andre Da Costa, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Choose AutoPlay Defaults doesn't list desire action... - Similar Threads - Choose AutoPlay Defaults

2. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  3. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  4. Default app list doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app list doesn't appear: I need to change my default pdf-reading. When I tried to bring up the "select app by file type" page, all I get is the header and nothing else? How do I fix it?...
  5. Default Actions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Actions: How can I change the default actions taken when plugging in USB devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-actions/d26e20ea-7007-4296-9813-32faca0edb64
  6. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

Apple iPhone in Autoplay list: I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing. Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way...
  7. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

in Windows 10 Support
    Apple iPhone in Autoplay list: I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing. Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way...
  8. AutoPlay defaults

AutoPlay defaults: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  9. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list: In autoplay settings, i have the list of each device i connected so far. How do i remove them? 60251
  10. Default autoplay program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default autoplay program: When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled. 101143