Windows 10: 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

Discus and support 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sprutt, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Sprutt Win User

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or even access the Quick access list, which is crucial so I do not have to click step by step through my folder hierarchies every time it needs to be done. Attached screenshot is from when running a plugin through After effects, though this issue is not at all related to those software, but seems to be that Windows for some re

:)

Sprutt, Jan 7, 2022

2. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 7, 2022
  4. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

Files show up when choosing installation path ONLY

Hi,

Enabling view hidden folders/files option is the initial step that you can do to view those missing files. Since you've already tried that step, we suggest changing some settings in the
    Folder Options. Follow the steps listed to make changes in viewing your folders:

• Type This PC in the Search bar then hit
      Enter
    • Double-click Desktop then click the View option on top.
    • Go to the Options tab then click the drop-down button and choose
      Change folder and search options.
    • Click the View tab and uncheck the highlighted options:

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar 22c8117b-2a9b-4ee9-8d9c-ec85455e827b.png

• Click OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

1. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar - Similar Threads - 'Choose folder' dialog

2. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  3. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  4. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Sidebar - Folder / Application Names Cutoff

Folder Sidebar - Folder / Application Names Cutoff: Hello, for a long time my sidebar has cutoff the names of my folders from displaying properly. If I mouse over them they show correctly for whichever folder is moused over, but otherwise I can't see which folder is which. The picture below is what it currently looks like for...
  6. Folder Sidebar - Folder / Application Names Cutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Sidebar - Folder / Application Names Cutoff: Hello, for a long time my sidebar has cutoff the names of my folders from displaying properly. If I mouse over them they show correctly for whichever folder is moused over, but otherwise I can't see which folder is which. The picture below is what it currently looks like for...
  7. Folder Sidebar - Folder / Application Names Cutoff

8. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  9. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  10. Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.: Hi, I am providing an application to users via Remote App. This is being delivered from Windows 2016 Server. I know this is a win10 forums however I have been using the windows 10 forums to find registry hacks and have found lots of useful information to lock down file...