Windows 10: "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings

Discus and support "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "Choose folders" settings on the Account tab in the OneDrive client settings are frequently and randomly missing. One time they'll be there, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reprac, Aug 19, 2019.

1. reprac Win User

"Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings

The "Choose folders" settings on the Account tab in the OneDrive client settings are frequently and randomly missing. One time they'll be there, the next time they won't.

I have multiple sharepoint libraries synced with OneDrive, and that entire section sometimes disappears. The only ways I've found to get it back is to wait some random amount of time, usually hours or days, or restart OneDrive. I've tried a reset, and that's no more reliable than a restart.

Is this normal? Is there a fix for it? Can I force the "Choose folders" section to reappear? Is there an alternate way to choose the folders I want to sync?

"Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings 6e460993-e9e8-439b-9b6f-568ea3ffc1e0?upload=true.jpg

:)

reprac, Aug 19, 2019

2. Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 19, 2019
  3. OneDrive is missing from my list of folders that can be indexed

I don't think that's the issue.

The OneDrive folder on my computer seems properly synced with OneDrive online. The problem is that when I look at what folders are being indexed to optimize searches, OneDrive is missing.

When I try to add OneDrive to my list of indexed folders, it's nowhere to be found on the list of folders to index.

SteveMuzik, Aug 19, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

OneDrive Update Folders Button Missing

If you do not have 18.151.0729.0005, you will not have the new settings screen, or the new option. Simply go to the MS Office OneDrive Schedule site and DL it and install. It's rolling out, but you can get it now by yourself. Perfectly legit. I do it all the time.

*ArrowNew OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

"Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings - Similar Threads - Choose folders sometimes

2. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders: From OneDrive app Account "Choose Folders"It is not allowing local folders, like c:\my-folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-account-choose-folders-is-not-allowing/b1991011-ab6c-400c-a72a-28c0fc33e5c9
  3. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders: From OneDrive app Account "Choose Folders"It is not allowing local folders, like c:\my-folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-account-choose-folders-is-not-allowing/b1991011-ab6c-400c-a72a-28c0fc33e5c9
  4. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  6. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  7. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive Backup tab is missing from Settings

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Backup tab is missing from Settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some OneDrive users have reported that when they try to save their work to the Microsoft Cloud service, it does not show the Backup tab under settings. They can sync their work, and everything looks normal, but the OneDrive Backup [...] This post OneDrive...
  9. Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts: Hi, OneDrive is driving me crazy! It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use? The issue is that when I go to settings to unselect some folders, at least one of these issues occurs: 1. It show's this error...
  10. OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus: Hi all, OneDrive is sometimes missing from the context menus (Open, Save, etc.) in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) when I open them; this can happen both when opening them for the first time after a system restart and when re-opening after closing them without a system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive missing folders

2. the choose folder is missing in the one drive setting

3. onedrove choose folders not possible

4. missing folders in one drive settings?,
  5. onedrive 365 choose folders option not showing,
  6. select folders to sync on onedrive,
  7. choose folders missing in onedrive,
  8. choose folder option in onedrive not working