Windows 10: Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

Discus and support Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, OneDrive is driving me crazy! It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shahabh, Nov 25, 2019.

1. shahabh Win User

Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

Hi,

OneDrive is driving me crazy!

It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use?

The issue is that when I go to settings to unselect some folders, at least one of these issues occurs:

1. It show's this error "Sorry, we cannot save the list of folders" or something like this!

2. It shows a syncing error that these folders already exist and should be renamed (although I have unselected them)!

I uninstalled OneDrive and installed again, unlinked and linked multiple times, ... but no luck!

:)

shahabh, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Caledon Ken, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Thank you, Diego! But what you suggest is about syncing OneDrive folders with PC. I mean the Folder Protection feature which lets to sync folders on PC to OneDrive.

Murad Ahmadzada, Nov 25, 2019
  4. snickie Win User

Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10  

Onedrive doesn't work! The settings to choose folders etc. are grayed out! I'm on build 10240.
    Print Screen image:
    Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts [​IMG]

snickie, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts - Similar Threads - Choose Folders Sync

2. Start sync with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start sync with OneDrive: I've recently reinstalled Windows 10. Now I can see the files within OneDrive but I can't open them. When I click the OneDrive app nothing happens. I remember I previously had placed the OneDrive map in a different location witch I now can't quite remember. How do I start...
  3. Start sync with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start sync with OneDrive: I've recently reinstalled Windows 10. Now I can see the files within OneDrive but I can't open them. When I click the OneDrive app nothing happens. I remember I previously had placed the OneDrive map in a different location witch I now can't quite remember. How do I start...
  4. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  5. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  6. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  7. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  8. Onedrive not sycing, but says it's up to date. And, when choosing which folder to sync in...

Onedrive not sycing, but says it's up to date. And, when choosing which folder to sync in...: There's a similar post about this, but unlike that user, it's been days for me with the same broken experience. Win 10 x64. I've signed out and in and reinstalled. My OneNote now appears wiped due to the same issue, which would be terrifying if not for being available...
  9. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?: Hello! There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select other folders to be protected by this feature? Maybe a certain folder which is located in Documents....
  10. Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10: How to: Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you...