Windows 10: Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows users can enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup, and can specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 17, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10

Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10 Configure-how-BitLocker-unlocks-OS-Drive-at-Startup.png
    Windows users can enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup, and can specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 11 or Windows 10. In this post, we will show you how you can choose or change how BitLocker unlocks OS C Drive at Startup with PIN, USB flash drive or TPM. Choose how […]

This article Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Apr 17, 2022
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10

Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10

1. Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Choose BitLocker unlocks

2. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  3. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  4. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker: I don’t remember the password and cannot unlock the hard drive. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-hard-drive-encrypted-with-bitlocker/08678428-f8fd-436f-9512-81369fef0fab
  6. how to unlock bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to unlock bitlocker: hi, I reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 bit on system. unfortunately, now I can't open one of my drive that was locked by bitlocker. I don't more about cmd and powershell. anyone in the foroum if can guide me to solve my problem. regards...
  7. Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker: Dear Experts My desktop Dell has only one hard drive with no partitions and has windows 10 installed Tried BitLocker to encrypt the whole drive,,,,issue windows won't ask for key/encryption key when it boots !!! Only I printed recovery key and Identifier So far I tried...
  8. Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 OS drive and Bitlocker: Dear Experts My desktop Dell has only one hard drive with no partitions and has windows 10 installed Tried BitLocker to encrypt the whole drive,,,,issue windows won't ask for key/encryption key when it boots !!! Only I printed recovery key and Identifier So far I tried...
  9. Copy Startup Key of OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Startup Key of OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows: How to: Copy Startup Key of OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows How to Copy Startup Key of OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows [img] Information If you unlock the OS drive at startup with a USB flash drive, a startup key (encryption key) for this OS...
  10. Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 How to Unlock an OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...