Windows 10: choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option

Discus and support choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if i choose this option so my data which saved in drives C:,D:,H:,F: will not be losing ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarishBhatt 1974, Jun 10, 2020.

1. choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option

if i choose this option so my data which saved in drives C:,D:,H:,F: will not be losing ?

:)

HarishBhatt 1974, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Setting default program by file type

Welcome to Ten Forums Pearson240

See this tutorial, Option Two, Step 3.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

3. Files show up when choosing installation path ONLY

Hi,

Enabling view hidden folders/files option is the initial step that you can do to view those missing files. Since you've already tried that step, we suggest changing some settings in the
    Folder Options. Follow the steps listed to make changes in viewing your folders:

• Type This PC in the Search bar then hit
      Enter
    • Double-click Desktop then click the View option on top.
    • Go to the Options tab then click the drop-down button and choose
      Change folder and search options.
    • Click the View tab and uncheck the highlighted options:

choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option 22c8117b-2a9b-4ee9-8d9c-ec85455e827b.png

• Click OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Kris Ver Win User

choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option

What files are considered as "Personal Files"?

Hi,

Personal files includes documents, photos and videos. If you saved these kind of files in D:\, it will be considered as personal files.

If you choose to reset your PC and keep your files, it will:

• Reinstall Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Remove apps and drivers you installed.
    • Remove changes you made to settings.
    • Remove any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option

1. choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option - Similar Threads - choose keep personal

2. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  3. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data: I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other two options (to keep personal files data and programs) are not available. What could be the reason for that? 181640
  9. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

Keep personal files and apps greyed out: I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the...
  10. Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?

Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?: What I mean is, if I select to keep my personal files only, will the installed programs be removed completely from my hard drive, or will they be moved to the Windows.Old folder like what happens in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 ? Because I would like to have them in the...