Windows 10: Choose to put desktops to sleep when using multiple desktop.

Discus and support Choose to put desktops to sleep when using multiple desktop. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I wondered if this was possible in a way that would free up RAM and possible processor to use less power. I use multiple desktop quite a lot, and don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by torstein2, Feb 27, 2020.

1. torstein2 Win User

Choose to put desktops to sleep when using multiple desktop.

I wondered if this was possible in a way that would free up RAM and possible processor to use less power. I use multiple desktop quite a lot, and don't want to close everything down to resume on a task I now want to continue.

:)

torstein2, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Multiple Desktops

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • When you say multiple desktop are you referring to task view?
    • When you try to put different apps on different desktops what happens next?
    • Do you get any error message?

Windows 10 would have the multiple desktops option. Besides having independent backgrounds and icons, each desktop should have independent windows of the same program running.

The information is not sufficient to answer your question. Reply us with more information by answering the above questions

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 27, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Desktop

Thanks for the easier route, I thought that moved the item which is why I did not suggest it, there are always multiple ways to do the same thing!

philc43, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Choose to put desktops to sleep when using multiple desktop. - Similar Threads - Choose put desktops

2. Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-the-same-application-on-a-different/07093262-b6e8-4619-9b2a-2ad42981d9a5Can you really not fix this?...
  3. Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-the-same-application-on-a-different/07093262-b6e8-4619-9b2a-2ad42981d9a5Can you really not fix this?...
  4. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  5. Hide shortcuts when using multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide shortcuts when using multiple desktops: I like using multiple desktops in Win 10 but I'd like to customise what shortcut icons I have on each. Is this possible, and if so, how? submitted by /u/Bablemikey [link] [comments]...
  6. Putting my desktop to sleep with one key.

Putting my desktop to sleep with one key.: I had an old generic USB keyboard that had the little crescent moon icon beside the F12 key. In Windows 7 and 10, I press it and the computer goes to sleep. (Desktop, not laptop). That keyboard was old, so I found a Sun Microsystems PC keyboard at a rummage sale. - Model...
  7. Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops

Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops: Hello! The problem I’m having is I want to use 2 desktops with a different excel workbook in each desktop. When I open an excel workbook in desktop 2, my computer switches to desktop 1 and opens the excel workbook there with the already existing workbook. This is annoying....
  8. Windows desktop freezes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows desktop freezes when put to sleep: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.535 Occurs on both Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra and Master motherboards both with latest BIOS and boot with optimized defaults Intel i9-9900K CPU GSkill 16GB memory: F4-3600C16D-16GTRS or F4-3400C16D-16GTZ Optane 280GB 900P SSD...
  9. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  10. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...