Windows 10: "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

Discus and support "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Autumn Lehman, Dec 1, 2022.

1. "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps from option!" Can anyone help me get this option back?!

:)

Autumn Lehman, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

That setting is only visible if you are signed in with an administrator account. A standard user will not see it.

Two accounts on the same PC, the first a standard user, the second an admin:

"Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings [​IMG]

"Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings [​IMG]

Bree, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Q3860Q Win User
    Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option"

I recently recovered my windows 10 from the newest update as a lot of my apps are not compatible yet.

Then I realized that many of the windows built-in apps such as Maps, Photos are not working anymore. (They instantly close/crash)

I found a solution online:

1. Open the Start menu and click Settings.
    2. Click Apps & Features.
    3. Locate and click _______ from the Applications list.
    4. Click Advanced option.
    5. Select Reset
    However, I don't have the advanced option displayed when I choose an app (any app, including functional ones)

Is there a way to fix this? or do I have to "reset this PC"?

Q3860Q, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Welshnel Win User

"Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

That's the problem. Option 1, I can't do because the options are missing. I know there is a reg fix but I want to know why I am missing the normal way to change these settings from the "Apps & features" menu

Welshnel, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

"Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

1. "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings - Similar Threads - Choose where apps

2. My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all: I went to install opera gx and found out I had to change settings first but it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-advanced-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-choose/4b2d7abd-5397-4a06-b820-78c701d2d1c2
  3. My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My advanced app setting doesn't have the choose where to get apps from option at all: I went to install opera gx and found out I had to change settings first but it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-advanced-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-choose/4b2d7abd-5397-4a06-b820-78c701d2d1c2
  4. How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?

How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?: I have just purchased a second hand laptop ASUS with Windows 11 installed. I am trying to download a CMI+ E-marker software, and the app wont install due to 'the app you are trying to install isn't a verified app' box appearing. I have gone into advanced app settings and...
  5. How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?: I have just purchased a second hand laptop ASUS with Windows 11 installed. I am trying to download a CMI+ E-marker software, and the app wont install due to 'the app you are trying to install isn't a verified app' box appearing. I have gone into advanced app settings and...
  6. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  7. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  8. "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  9. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...
  10. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...