Windows 10: "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

Discus and support "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I searched for the "choose where to get apps" setting on the laptop, I already knew where to look for it, but it was missing and I can't find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Kilmurray, Mar 20, 2023.

1. "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

I searched for the "choose where to get apps" setting on the laptop, I already knew where to look for it, but it was missing and I can't find it anywhere. I checked if it was on S mode in the Microsoft Store, but for whatever reason, the laptop is not on S mode. I would like to know what could be fixed. Thanks

:)

Matthew Kilmurray, Mar 20, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

"Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop (Windows 10)

Hi Matthew,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App, then go to System - About

Please provide a screenshot of that settings page.

Is your laptop provided by your school or is it a personal laptop and are you the administrator account on the laptop?

Do you see any settings in your settings app blocked by 'Organization'?

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Emails and Accounts, is there is a school Email listed there?

Select Access Work or School, is there is a school Email listed there?

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2023
  4. "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

"Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop (Windows 10)

I searched for the "choose where to get apps" setting on the laptop, I already knew where to look for it, but it was missing and I can't find it anywhere. I checked if it was on S mode in the Microsoft Store, but for whatever reason, the laptop is not on S mode. I would like to know what could be fixed. Thanks

Matthew Kilmurray, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

"Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

1. "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Choose where apps

2. "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10: I searched for the "choose where to get apps" setting on the laptop, I already knew where to look for it, but it was missing and I can't find it anywhere. I checked if it was on S mode in the Microsoft Store, but for whatever reason, the laptop is not on S mode. I would like...
  3. "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose where to get apps" is missing on my school laptop Windows 10: I searched for the "choose where to get apps" setting on the laptop, I already knew where to look for it, but it was missing and I can't find it anywhere. I checked if it was on S mode in the Microsoft Store, but for whatever reason, the laptop is not on S mode. I would like...
  4. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  5. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  6. "Choose where to get apps" missing on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose where to get apps" missing on Windows 10 Home: Hi, I can't download programs that are not Microsoft-verified. I've done some searching and apparently I can change this by going to "choose where to get apps," however this option doesn't exist for me. This is what I see under Settings>Apps & Features. How do I fix this? My...
  7. "Choose where to get apps" missing on Windows 10 Home

"Choose where to get apps" missing on Windows 10 Home: Hi, I can't download programs that are not Microsoft-verified. I've done some searching and apparently I can change this by going to "choose where to get apps," however this option doesn't exist for me. This is what I see under Settings>Apps & Features. How do I fix this? My...
  8. "Choose where to get apps" missing on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...
  10. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...