Windows 10: “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update

Discus and support “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Turned on my laptop this morning after I’m assuming it did windows updates overnight. Everything froze. Said it needed to restart, quoted a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/s1738, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/s1738 Win User

“Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update

Turned on my laptop this morning after I’m assuming it did windows updates overnight. Everything froze. Said it needed to restart, quoted a driver error at the bottom. Has been stuck in the “choose your keyboard” boot since.

• I’ve tried downloading the windows 10 media creation tool from a friend’s laptop but it says there isn’t a valid recovery key on this drive when I plug it in
    • when I click system restore, I get prompted for a BitLocker key which doesn’t exist when I sign into my Microsoft account

What now? I’m at my wits end and need my data off my laptop to study for a final exam tomorrow.

submitted by /u/s1738
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/s1738, Dec 2, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

I have had automatic updating set to update daily but recently it has alerted me that it has been turned off.

I open Windows Security Center and click Change Settings under Automatic Updating, it gives me two options, "Install Updates Automatically (recommended)" and "Let me choose".

First option clicked and it gives me an error window, "Security Center can't change your automatic updating settings." and gives the option to do it manually.

I open the window to manually change my settings, "Install updates automatically Every Day at 5:00 AM" is selected, I click OK yet Automatic Updating is still not on.

If I go to the Windows Update window and Check for Updates I receive an error stating:

Error(s) found: Code 8007042 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

Basically my automatic updates are being disabled *Bang Head :banghead:, any way to fix this? Thank you.

DistantDeath, Dec 2, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. “Choose your keyboard” error after automatic windows update - Similar Threads - “Choose keyboard” error

2. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  3. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  4. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose your keyboard layout: My computer has been running Windows 10 for a several months. It recently booted up into a screen that says Choose your keyboard layout. The keyboard and the rest of the computer is locked at that point and can't go any further. I have seen a recommended approach for using a...
  6. Preparing automatic repair and then gets stuck on choose your keyboard layout

Preparing automatic repair and then gets stuck on choose your keyboard layout: preparing automatic repair and then gets stuck on choose your keyboard layout. How do I advance from there when the keyboard does not work?...
  7. windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout

windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout: i already have 1909 update and restarted 2 or 3 times its fine i disabled 2 services that aren't from microsoft and restarted that happened i need to have my data back on desktop and don't need to format is there any help [ATTACH]...
  8. Stuck at "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" after factory resetting.

Stuck at "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" after factory resetting.: I factory reset one of my computers and it says to choose your keyboard layout but my mouse and keyboard cease to work when it comes up. I've tried restarting the PC but that somehow seems to undo the factory reset and I'm back to how it was before. How do I get this to work?...
  9. Stuck on "Choose your Keyboard Layout" after updating Windows 10

Stuck on "Choose your Keyboard Layout" after updating Windows 10: hi as of today right before i can end my night by shutting down my laptop (Acer Aspire with Windows 10) and I see update and shut off computer. me in my mood ready to sleep click on it and proceed to take a rest. the next morning, i dont know about this im going to explain...
  10. "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem: Hey guys, is there a good tutorial here on how to fix this? I've tried a few different things in the past but wanted to gain some better ideas/knowledge. I believe that the computer was Upgrading to Windows 10 1803, and on Restart get's the dreaded "Choose your keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed windows update choose keyboard