Windows 10: Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

Discus and support Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am looking to buy a gaming monitor this month, and i saw 2 Monitors one Alienware and one from MSI. They Have both discounts on them and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohammadAlsheukh, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

I am looking to buy a gaming monitor this month, and i saw 2 Monitors one Alienware and one from MSI. They Have both discounts on them and everything about them like specs and design are really good. The Alienware is 180hz 32inch ips 2k display BUT with 1000 contrast ratio, on the other hand the MSI one is 165hz 32inch VA 2k display 4000 Contrast ratio. So the question is, should i get the monitor with ips but low contrast ratio or the VA but high contrast? I mostly do 80% Gaming, and Sometimes Video editing and Watching Movies. PLEASE ANWSER! THANKS!

:)

MohammadAlsheukh, Jan 30, 2021

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 30, 2021
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 30, 2021
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

1. Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors - Similar Threads - Choosing Between Gaming

2. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  5. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  6. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow: Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my...
  7. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards: So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I...
  8. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  9. Issue moving windowed game between monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue moving windowed game between monitors: The game is NexusTK. When moving the game to any monitor but the default one, the game will no longer update any graphics. This works correctly on Windows 7 to this day, but is broken on the win10 upgrade. This is not related to my hardware as this is a widespread issue...
  10. How to choose a wide monitor ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to choose a wide monitor ?: I currently run an EVGA Geoforce GTX 950sc with a 24" acer monitor. I have often wondered about upsizing my monitor to a wide screen such as this LG https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1A&ignorebbr=1, but I am unsure if my graphics card would be capable of operating the...