Windows 10: Choosing columns for files in a folder

Discus and support Choosing columns for files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jdcrump, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jdcrump Win User

Choosing columns for files in a folder

I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc

:)

Jdcrump, Mar 15, 2019

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Choosing columns for files in a folder

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Choosing columns for files in a folder

1. Choosing columns for files in a folder - Similar Threads - Choosing columns files

2. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  3. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  4. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  5. Third column added to folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Third column added to folder view: I don't know if this is something new or if I just never had it happen to me before. When I open a folder with songs listed, a third column is being created on the right side. It has the artist, title at the top, an icon to represent the song, then the same list of properties...
  6. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  7. Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns: I would like every folder in File Explorer have the exact same view; General Items (okay easily done) Detailed view (easily done) Columns Displayed (only Name and Date Modified) - Obviously I can change the columns after entering a folder for the first time, but I...
  8. start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled: In start menu file explorer is missing & in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable I have attach some photos then help me please how enable choose which folder appears on start [img] [img] [img] 16438
  9. Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns: Whenever I download and save Audio or Video files to the Downloads folder, the Downloads folder's columns are changed just like from the image attached. Why is this? How can I reset my columns in the Downloads folder to default? In the folder views settings from...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...