Windows 10: Choosing columns for files in a folder

Discus and support Choosing columns for files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jdcrump, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jdcrump Win User

Choosing columns for files in a folder

I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc

:)

Jdcrump, Mar 15, 2019

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Choosing columns for files in a folder

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Choosing columns for files in a folder

1. Choosing columns for files in a folder - Similar Threads - Choosing columns files

2. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  3. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  4. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows11 File Explorer - can't choose more columns across the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 File Explorer - can't choose more columns across the top: I want to sort by Folder, date created, etc. Where did they go?The Sort menu only gives: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-file-explorer-cant-choose-more-columns/454af168-9c4d-4002-ba8d-fc7b60f9c747
  6. Windows11 File Explorer - can't choose more columns across the top

Windows11 File Explorer - can't choose more columns across the top: I want to sort by Folder, date created, etc. Where did they go?The Sort menu only gives: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-file-explorer-cant-choose-more-columns/454af168-9c4d-4002-ba8d-fc7b60f9c747
  7. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  8. Number of Folder columns

Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  9. File Explorer - Folder Columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Folder Columns: Until recently, less than a month ago, I was able to view the Backup Method full, differential, incremental as a column in File Explorer. That column is no longer available to add. What happened?...
  10. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861