Windows 10: Choosing default graphics card???

Discus and support Choosing default graphics card??? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have an AMD Radeon R5 340X graphics card installed in my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop pc and I have been trying to figure out how to make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by artislee, Sep 11, 2017.

1. artislee Win User

Choosing default graphics card???

Hello, I have an AMD Radeon R5 340X graphics card installed in my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop pc and I have been trying to figure out how to make the original Intel Xeon E3 graphics card that came with my PC the default card again. I feel like I remember seeing the option to change at some point when I was messing around on my computer but I can't even begin to remember where I think I saw it. Maybe someone can answer my question that got all of this started in the first place. Is there a chance my original graphics card will support DxDiag.txtmiracast or am I way off on what is actually needed for miracast to be enabled?? Thanks for any help in advance. Also I include a copy of my DirectX report i did a couple weeks ago. Thanks

:)

artislee, Sep 11, 2017
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Opening a jpg

It's because you haven't set a default application to open jpg files.

One method: Click Start Button > Select "Settings" > "System" > "Default apps" > On the Right hand side scroll down to select "Choose default app by file type" > then Choose the Default app you want for each type of graphic file.

Erdeslawe, Sep 11, 2017
  3. rpsabq Win User
    Using Win 10 How do I reset default display settings

It depends on your graphics card. I have an Intel integrated graphics card. if you go to Search/Ask me Anything and type in "Intel Graphics" you'll see the icon. Open that up and you will see how to choose "Default Settings."

rpsabq, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Choosing default graphics card???

1. Uninstall the driver of the R5 340X
    2. Restart your computer, head to the BIOS
    3. Find the setting which you disable PCI-E graphics and chose iGPU (or something similar)
    4. Save changes and boot
    5. Install the graphics drivers of the Intel HD of your Xeon E3.

RoasterMen, Sep 11, 2017
  5. artislee Win User
    Right On thanks roasterman.

artislee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Choosing default graphics card???

1. Choosing default graphics card??? - Similar Threads - Choosing default graphics

2. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  3. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  4. Cannot choose nvidia graphics card instead of AMD for display view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot choose nvidia graphics card instead of AMD for display view: Hi, i have this problem, i tried to reinstall nvidia graphics driver, i cannot access nvidia control panel when i start it, it only shows license agreement- if so, and then nothing, even in task manager it is not running- sometimes. When i want to manually choose which...
  5. Cannot choose nvidia graphics card instead of AMD for display view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot choose nvidia graphics card instead of AMD for display view: Hi, i have this problem, i tried to reinstall nvidia graphics driver, i cannot access nvidia control panel when i start it, it only shows license agreement- if so, and then nothing, even in task manager it is not running- sometimes. When i want to manually choose which...
  6. Cannot choose nvidia graphics card instead of AMD for display view

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications: Hi! I am a 3D designer, and I have faced this problem. I have two graphic cards Intel & Nvidia. I want to know if there is any way to pick which application uses which graphics card....
  8. graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  9. 2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default: hey guys, i have a new laptop with 2 graphic cards - the first one is INTEL HD GRAPHICS 520 and the other is NVIDIA 940MX. i changes some settings i need to know if i do it right and how can i know if the nvidia is the default and not the intel. this the the graphic...
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...