Windows 10: Choosing hard drive at install

Discus and support Choosing hard drive at install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm going to be doing a clean install here shortly on a new pc I'm putting together. This pc will have a few drives that will be the same size,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/levix4991, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Choosing hard drive at install

So I'm going to be doing a clean install here shortly on a new pc I'm putting together. This pc will have a few drives that will be the same size, 500gb nvm drive + ssds. Since windows install just list drive 0 thru x. Is there any trick to determine what drive is what so I can install it on the one I want. Thanks!

submitted by /u/levix4991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/levix4991, Jul 15, 2020
  2. little cat, Jul 15, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Choosing hard drive at install

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Choosing hard drive at install

1. Choosing hard drive at install - Similar Threads - Choosing hard drive

2. Hard drive not installed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive not installed?: Hey everyone! I recently got a new drawing tablet and my laptop started having problems. I thought it was because I had too many apps so I deleted some. But the same problem persisted and the laptop would simply crash. I even factory reset the laptop thinking everything would...
  3. Hard Drive not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive not installed: Hi there,Yesterday I was just resetting my Dell Laptop, there it showed a message that Reset Failed, then I went out of the Reset Screen and when I restarted my PC , it showed a message stating that Hard Drive not installed. Also when I tried to go to BIOS, there under Boot...
  4. Hard Drive - Not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive - Not installed: My Dell inspiron 5559 which had Windows 10 is not detecting hard drive. It's stuck on showing Dell logo and nothing happens after that. I have another hard drive from old laptop which has Windows 7. But, this is not detected by the laptop. After changing the boot mode to...
  5. CRTICAL_PROCESS_DIED and Hard Drive - Not Installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRTICAL_PROCESS_DIED and Hard Drive - Not Installed: While I was using my laptop, it suddenly froze so I pressed the power button till it turned off. Then, I opened it again and I saw the blue screen with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and then it this screen was gone and the Pre-Boot Dell screen was on. The error message on...
  6. External hard drive installation

External hard drive installation: I am using Windows 10 and am trying to get my computer recognize my external hard drive via a USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-installation/5fbf5c54-03af-4c0a-95aa-c2d0f473c5ec
  7. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  8. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  9. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  10. Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore

Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore: I have a system restore image that I’m trying to reimage my computer with because my main SSD hard drive was starting to fail. But, I’m trying to change out both the 2TB SSD and the Secondary 10TB SATA drive at the same time. When I use the image restore, it keeps installing...