Windows 10: Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore

Discus and support Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a system restore image that I’m trying to reimage my computer with because my main SSD hard drive was starting to fail. But, I’m trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seishindono, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore

I have a system restore image that I’m trying to reimage my computer with because my main SSD hard drive was starting to fail. But, I’m trying to change out both the 2TB SSD and the Secondary 10TB SATA drive at the same time. When I use the image restore, it keeps installing Windows 10 onto the 10TB hard drive instead of the 2TB SSD. Is there a way to get the image restore to choose the SSD to restore Windows onto, and the 10TB as the secondary?

I’m using the Windows 10 system image and system repair disk for this. Or is there a different restore program I should be using?

:)

Seishindono, Aug 26, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Aug 26, 2018
  4. S Malik Win User

Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore

System Restore - Available Drives - Wrong Order

I have two physical hard dives in the system. In System Restore, under Available Drives, the drives are in the wrong order. Is there a way to fix it?

Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore [​IMG]

Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore [​IMG]

S Malik, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore

1. Choosing hard drive install order when using system restore - Similar Threads - Choosing hard drive

2. When restoring W10 from drive, do you get to choose which drive to restore to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restoring W10 from drive, do you get to choose which drive to restore to?: I'm trying to restore W10 from a usb thumb drive. When I go to Restore, does it give me a choice of which drive to restore TO? I REALLY don't want it to simply overwrite my C: drive, but want it on a different partition which I've already created. Anyone know anything about...
  3. When restoring W10 from drive, do you get to choose which drive to restore to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When restoring W10 from drive, do you get to choose which drive to restore to?: I'm trying to restore W10 from a usb thumb drive. When I go to Restore, does it give me a choice of which drive to restore TO? I REALLY don't want it to simply overwrite my C: drive, but want it on a different partition which I've already created. Anyone know anything about...
  4. When restoring W10 from drive, do you get to choose which drive to restore to?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Choosing hard drive at install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choosing hard drive at install: So I'm going to be doing a clean install here shortly on a new pc I'm putting together. This pc will have a few drives that will be the same size, 500gb nvm drive + ssds. Since windows install just list drive 0 thru x. Is there any trick to determine what drive is what so I...
  6. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?: When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?...
  7. Hard Drive order

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive order: Hi, I purchased a PC that had a PRIME B250-PLUS motherboard fitted, running windows 10 home. It had a DVD drive and a Hard drive fitted. I recently fitted three more hard drives in what I thought was the correct order for the SATA sockets as shown on the board PDF. The C...
  8. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system restore in an external hard drive: I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad happens.Is it possible? submitted...
  9. restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    restore hard drive: How do I re-format the hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-hard-drive/d3ced27f-d6e8-419f-9b29-45fbf00daa8f
  10. System Restore - Available Drives - Wrong Order

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - Available Drives - Wrong Order: I have two physical hard dives in the system. In System Restore, under Available Drives, the drives are in the wrong order. Is there a way to fix it? [img] [img] 107655