Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

Discus and support Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM.

1. PatientApple2 Win User

I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those themes.

Anyone able to help me with this?

:)

PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM
  2. schadbou Win User

Desktop Background Picture resets on restart to unsaved theme

Steps I take on new Windows 10 machine that only has Office 365 E3 installed (All four of the last machines I've set up have same issue, new HP Probooks).

1. Right click desktop, choose personalize

2. Choose Picture from Background dropdown

3. Browse to Pictures and choose picture for background

4. Click Themes on Settings page, then Theme settings

5. Save newly created picture theme under "My Themes"

6. Check to make sure it shows on Desktop Background.

7. Restart machine.

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes 086fa997-3e32-4909-a513-9700ef3a2bf7?upload=true.png

On restart the Background is solid color black again and in My Themes there is a newly created unsaved theme. Every. Time. It doesn't matter if I choose a default picture that came with the machine or one of my own. The Theme and Background will always
    reset on restart.

I even just tested this trying to use a Window Default Theme. That one won't stick either on restart. It continues to go back to an Unsaved Theme with solid black background.

3. PandaBunniKat Win User
    The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM
  4. Nathaniel Mon Win User

ADULT THEMES

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the Theme settings? If no, kindly follow these steps:
    • On the Search box, type Change the theme and select the best match.
    • Try to choose from Windows Default Themes.
    • Click on Desktop Background.
    • Click on Browse to choose for preferred desktop background.
    • Click on Choose picture.
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM
Thema:

1. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes - Similar Threads - Choosing pictures desktop

2. August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in August 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update, click the...
  3. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green-gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/1cfd39dd-64b2-4a25-9548-8d95ac4d6255
  4. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  5. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck: Hello. After installing a Sapphire RX Vega 64 nitro+. I have been suffering from random restarts. However, it is literally random. It may suddenly restart while browsing the web and even one time is simply happened while i was browsing stuff on the desktop. And the event...
  6. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  7. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018: Release Notes August 2018 Security Updates Release Date: August 14, 2018 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  8. Program or background process popup keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program or background process popup keeps appearing: For days I've been getting this popup window on my Windows 10 Build 1803 computer: "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information to a developer?" It occurs intermittently, often every 5-10 minutes, and is EXTREMELY annoying. When...
  9. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...
  10. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...