Windows 10: Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

Discus and support Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those themes.

Anyone able to help me with this?

:)

PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018
  2. schadbou Win User

Desktop Background Picture resets on restart to unsaved theme

Steps I take on new Windows 10 machine that only has Office 365 E3 installed (All four of the last machines I've set up have same issue, new HP Probooks).

1. Right click desktop, choose personalize

2. Choose Picture from Background dropdown

3. Browse to Pictures and choose picture for background

4. Click Themes on Settings page, then Theme settings

5. Save newly created picture theme under "My Themes"

6. Check to make sure it shows on Desktop Background.

7. Restart machine.

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes 086fa997-3e32-4909-a513-9700ef3a2bf7?upload=true.png

On restart the Background is solid color black again and in My Themes there is a newly created unsaved theme. Every. Time. It doesn't matter if I choose a default picture that came with the machine or one of my own. The Theme and Background will always
    reset on restart.

I even just tested this trying to use a Window Default Theme. That one won't stick either on restart. It continues to go back to an Unsaved Theme with solid black background.

schadbou, Aug 10, 2018
  3. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

ADULT THEMES

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the Theme settings? If no, kindly follow these steps:
    • On the Search box, type Change the theme and select the best match.
    • Try to choose from Windows Default Themes.
    • Click on Desktop Background.
    • Click on Browse to choose for preferred desktop background.
    • Click on Choose picture.
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

1. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes - Similar Threads - Choosing pictures desktop

2. Desktop Background pictures from nowhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Background pictures from nowhere: Hi All, I just had to erase my profile and re-install it to be able to get my sync to work. When doing this it of course deleted all of the files associated with that profile including the pictures I had on my desktop scroller. Now that I have re-installed the profile and...
  3. Background theme pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  4. Desktop background picture.

Desktop background picture.: I clicked on a picture to make it the desktop background… which it did, but there is a large "over-scan", so the edges of the pic are missing. How do I shrink the displayed background to show the whole picture? Thanks for all replies....
  5. Desktop background theme again :-)

Desktop background theme again :-): Thanks to Ruth Buruga for telling me how to change the time a desk theme image is displayed using the registry editor. Can you tell me where the image is stored that displays after the system is started and just shows user names? Thank You....
  6. themes background pictures stored where?

themes background pictures stored where?: where are the themes pictures stored in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-background-pictures-stored-where/cd85408e-f9cb-4c36-86f6-17832fae3ab3
  7. Desktop Background Picture

Desktop Background Picture: Can anyone tell me why my Desktop Background Picture keeps reverting to the previously selected one every 2-3 days and how to cure it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/a606adc4-b343-4184-9dcc-ffe3d1ecb682
  8. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  9. How do I choose a single picture from a theme?

How do I choose a single picture from a theme?: On Windows 7, you could download a theme then when you click on desktop background it would show all the pictures in the theme with check marks. Instead, on Windows 10, I click on desktop background and it just goes back to slideshow and gives me no option of choosing what...
  10. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background: In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted. In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's...