Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

Discus and support Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM.

1. PatientApple2 Win User

I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those themes.

Anyone able to help me with this?

:)

PatientApple2, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM
  2. schadbou Win User

Desktop Background Picture resets on restart to unsaved theme

Steps I take on new Windows 10 machine that only has Office 365 E3 installed (All four of the last machines I've set up have same issue, new HP Probooks).

1. Right click desktop, choose personalize

2. Choose Picture from Background dropdown

3. Browse to Pictures and choose picture for background

4. Click Themes on Settings page, then Theme settings

5. Save newly created picture theme under "My Themes"

6. Check to make sure it shows on Desktop Background.

7. Restart machine.

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes 086fa997-3e32-4909-a513-9700ef3a2bf7?upload=true.png

On restart the Background is solid color black again and in My Themes there is a newly created unsaved theme. Every. Time. It doesn't matter if I choose a default picture that came with the machine or one of my own. The Theme and Background will always
    reset on restart.

I even just tested this trying to use a Window Default Theme. That one won't stick either on restart. It continues to go back to an Unsaved Theme with solid black background.

3. PandaBunniKat Win User
    The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM
  4. Nathaniel Mon Win User

ADULT THEMES

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the Theme settings? If no, kindly follow these steps:
    • On the Search box, type Change the theme and select the best match.
    • Try to choose from Windows Default Themes.
    • Click on Desktop Background.
    • Click on Browse to choose for preferred desktop background.
    • Click on Choose picture.
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM
Thema:

1. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes - Similar Threads - Choosing pictures desktop

2. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  3. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  4. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  5. Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Casual Games: Why is it that every time I get Microsoft updates to my computer, my Microsoft Casual games don't work (i.e. Solitaire, Word Games, etc.)? Moved from: Apps on Insider Preview / Xbox App / PC...
  6. How do i move apps and games to data from this pc

How do i move apps and games to data from this pc: I don't have enough space in the this pc drive but I have enough in the "data" drive how do I move it??????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-move-apps-and-games-to-data-from-this-pc/249f9b4c-b4f4-4a86-a647-53c39176b67e
  7. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  8. New Microsoft Update

New Microsoft Update: I accidentally installed the recent update (realizing from past experience that it would be trouble) and sure enough, I can no longer open my gmail. The icon is there but when I click on it, the system is forcing me to reinstall my email. I am then supposed to agree that...
  9. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6
  10. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...