Windows 10: Choosing updates to download in Win10

Discus and support Choosing updates to download in Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to choose which updates to download and which to refuse?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RicMcM, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RicMcM Win User

Choosing updates to download in Win10

Is it possible to choose which updates to download and which to refuse?

:)

RicMcM, Sep 14, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 14, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Sep 14, 2018
  4. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Choosing updates to download in Win10 - Similar Threads - Choosing updates download

2. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  3. choose when to download or install updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choose when to download or install updates?: Hi. How can I stop windows 10 updates happening automatically? I want to control when this happens. Thank you, in advance, of any assistance with this :...
  4. choosing where to download pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    choosing where to download pictures: When I download a picture, I want to be able to choose which folder to save it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choosing-where-to-download-pictures/48d6b63e-cb8c-4ad6-b775-1a2affed73f4"
  5. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  6. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  7. Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

Win10 Update download and system shutdown?: What if someone shut down the computer without khnowing the computer is downloading or installing updates ?? Will those updates resume download once the system is powered back on? Or, should I just go to group policy and select notify for download and notify for install?...
  8. Choose how you download

Choose how you download: There is a tutorial for the settings 'choice of downloads' One response wrote:" the LAN peering support will help a *lot* of my clients with low bandwidth and metered connections" Today for the Feb 9 download I purposefully turned the laptop on and to the settings/update as...
  9. Win10 Updates stuck downloading

Win10 Updates stuck downloading: My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge. Do you guys have the same problem here? Maybe during the downloading of the...
  10. Problem downloading Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem downloading Win10 Updates: I am trying to update my Laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit with SP1, to Windows 10. I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO files and successfully burned a DVD. During the burning process the integrity of the burn process was checked and was confirmed as OK. I...