Windows 10: Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk

Discus and support Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I insert a DVD movie disk, a pop-up says "Chose what happens with DVD movies." I am given 3 choices: * Play DVD Video Power Media Player 14 *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobHalverson, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk

When I insert a DVD movie disk, a pop-up says "Chose what happens with DVD movies."
    I am given 3 choices:

* Play DVD Video Power Media Player 14
    * Find a New DVD App (link to Microsoft store)
    * Take No Action

"More Apps" is not an option.

I have successfully installed a different player that I want to use.
    But am not given the opportunity to select it.
    How do I conquer this?

I am on Win 10 Home -- 10.0.19042

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I have ID'd my desired player as the default to open BUP, IFO and VOB files.
    But that seems to have no effect on what player opens when I insert the disk.

:)

BobHalverson, Mar 14, 2021
  2. AJorgen Win User

playing blu-ray disks on my computer

I have a blu-ray disk but i cant figure out how to play the blu-ray movie disks. Windows media player and MS Movies and TV dont play them.

AJorgen, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Will not see Blu-ray disks.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should/.

If the drive cannot read the files stored on any DVD or any Blu-ray movie discs, then you know that you need to troubleshoot the CD/DVD drive, rather than the discs and movie player software. Do the following to make sure your drive is capable of reading
    the file structure of a disc.

• Insert a disc into the disc drive - a DVD or Blu-ray movie or data disc.
      If a window opens automatically, close it.

• In Windows, search for and open File Explorer.

• Right-click the drive icon and select Open.

• If the tray ejects or a message appears asking to insert a disc, the drive is not recognizing the disc. Try another disc and make sure the drive is truly a DVD or Blu-ray drive.

• You should see a listing of files/folders in the right pane of File Explorer. If you inserted a conventional DVD movie, you should see the folders VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

• If there are no folders or an error message opens, the following problems may exist:

• The disc may be bad; try another disc.

The disc type may be incompatible with the type of drive in the computer. For example, the drive may be designed to read DVDs, but not Blu-ray discs.

Please rely with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 14, 2021
  4. LauraK76 Win User

Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk

Blu-Ray Movies Don't Play

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I can't get my CD drive to recognize my blu-ray movies. The computer comes equipped to play them but now when I put in a Blu-Ray movie, I get the error that there is no disc in the drive.

How do I get my drive to recognize my Blu-Ray movies again?

LauraK76, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk

1. Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk - Similar Threads - Choosing happens insert

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning: I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray. So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!. Whats worse is the failed disks look like they worked because and data checked reads the temporary data not the non-existent disk data. My work...
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Blu Ray Software

Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  7. Blu-ray disk player

Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  8. playing blu-ray disks on my computer

playing blu-ray disks on my computer: I have a blu-ray disk but i cant figure out how to play the blu-ray movie disks. Windows media player and MS Movies and TV dont play them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-blu-ray-disks-on-my-computer/f902dc72-d9a3-4959-b0b6-00c72449d6f0
  9. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...