Windows 10: Choosing Which Updates To Keep

Discus and support Choosing Which Updates To Keep in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; With Windows 10 I cannot find anyway to decide which updates I want installed and which I dont. I dont mean the new builds, I am on the fast ring and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlanWade, Jun 30, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Choosing Which Updates To Keep

With Windows 10 I cannot find anyway to decide which updates I want installed and which I dont. I dont mean the new builds, I am on the fast ring and want them but updates like Windows Defender, I dont want those as I have BitDefender. Some Office updates go into a loop but how do I stop the update?
    Anyone know?

:)

AlanWade, Jun 30, 2015

2. How to I remove unwanted updates which keep failing?

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and in the main, everything has been really good. However, I keep getting notified about a failed update. The two items are;

AVerMedia - Streaming Media and Broadcast Devices

AVerMedia Consumer Infrared Receiver

Neither of these devices are used and I suspect they are a hangover from the original PC installation. I don't need them, I don't want them updated so is there any way I can remove them from the update process? I'm reminded each week that these updates
    have failed but when I try to update, I get a message that they've failed to install (but no explanation as to why they've failed). It's a minor point I know but it's really getting on my nerves and I just want them removed.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Wylie Coyote, Jun 30, 2015
  3. mac1-131 Win User
    mac1-131, Jun 30, 2015
  4. Choosing Which Updates To Keep

With Win10, without "breaking" Windows Update, there is no way to prevent the installation of specific updates -- as part of the Insider program.

If you later decide to switch to the released version, understand that with Win10 Home, there is no way to refuse updates.

Mark Phelps, Jul 1, 2015
Thema:

Choosing Which Updates To Keep

1. Choosing Which Updates To Keep - Similar Threads - Choosing Updates Keep

2. Which monitor upgrade would you choose?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which monitor upgrade would you choose?: I'm trying to decide on my next monitor purchase and am struggling between primarily two different options. My current monitor is a 6-7 year old Acer Predator x34p (38" 1440p ultrawide, no HDR). For the last year now I have been trying to decide whether to go with the same...
  3. How to choose which updates to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose which updates to install Windows 10: "Power", the first icon in the Start menu, has two options: "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart". I don't want either -- I'd like to avoid updates. How can I shut down without updating? Would you recommend yanking the power cord? Back in Windows 98 that was...
  4. which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/etlwcs3f41761.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=1f8c31d68f0b1e5bdaa545d39a7c6f8f4d8404f9 submitted by /u/zaddy800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj4x3v/which_to_choose_this_is_for_a_labtop_i_barely/
  5. I don't know which driver to choose

I don't know which driver to choose: I have an asus vivobook s15 laptop and and I have done a clean install of windows 10 on it. The problem is when I go to the asus website to download the drivers, I can see that those proposed on it seems to be older version than the drivers windows update installed already....
  6. Keeps showing the same image/thumbnail regardless which one I choose.

Keeps showing the same image/thumbnail regardless which one I choose.: Hey so I've had this issue for a few weeks where if I choose one image (In either PNG or JPEG format) it ends up as the same image regardless of which file I choose. This happens on two occasions so far, one of them being windows locked screen. Let's say I pick the file...
  7. Choosing which Windows updates to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing which Windows updates to install?: Hi, I'm trying to update my windows PC, but windows also keeps trying to download update 1903. I do not want to download that update, but all the other updates, like net framework etc. I tried disabling windows updates, but that also disables the net framework updates. Is...
  8. HOW TO CHOOSE WHICH DUPLICATE FILE TO DELETE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO CHOOSE WHICH DUPLICATE FILE TO DELETE: Hi, I looked through old questions and replies about which duplicate files to delete but there were no clear answers. Just about each response directed towards a program to help but nothing about WHICH duplicate file to delete. How do you choose WHICH duplicate file to...
  9. Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS: I had noticed that even though I had Software Guard Extensions(SGX) set to "Software Controlled" in BIOS, that it wasn't showing up in Device Manager. Then it came to me, that on my last system build(an MSI mainboard with a 6700K) that MSI had included the driver in the...
  10. Can I Choose Which Hotspot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Choose Which Hotspot?: I have about 5 xfinity hotspots. Windows picks the strongest signal. Oddly tho, that 1 doesn't work very well. A slightly less strength 1 seems to always work. Is there any tool or software that would allow me to choose which xfinity hotspot i want? thanks. 70278