Windows 10: choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

Discus and support choosing which version of Windows 10 to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't seem to choose which version of Windows I am installing in my laptop. Instead of asking me which version to install, it directs me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sandra PauleneMendoza, Apr 13, 2020.

1. choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

I can't seem to choose which version of Windows I am installing in my laptop. Instead of asking me which version to install, it directs me to the question of which files to keep. At that point, it has already been decidednot by me that the windows that would be installed would be Windows 10 Pro. I only have a Windows 10 Home product key.. and I think, as expected, it wouldn't activate when used in the Pro version

:)

Sandra PauleneMendoza, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 13, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

Which windows 10 version to choose

I'm making an USB windows 10 installation for my old windows 7 laptop.
    Which version of windows 10 to use? I have windows 7 home premium on it.

Should I use "windows 10" or "windows 10 Home Single Language" or "windows 10 N"

Thanks!

P4-630, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

1. choosing which version of Windows 10 to install - Similar Threads - choosing version install

2. How to choose which updates to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose which updates to install Windows 10: "Power", the first icon in the Start menu, has two options: "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart". I don't want either -- I'd like to avoid updates. How can I shut down without updating? Would you recommend yanking the power cord? Back in Windows 98 that was...
  3. Choosing windows version

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Choosing windows version: Which version of windows is better for a family? Now i am using win-10 home. But I feel something absent in that version . Can someone help me to choose windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choosing-windows-version/84ab3867-bb1c-4c01-a2e3-dd4ccb329851
  4. Which Enterprise version to install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Enterprise version to install?: Hi all! I'm a Visual Studio subscriber, and I'm planning on installing one of the Enterprise versions. I was considering installing the LTSC 2019 version, but hesitated due to its several limitations on software and hardware. Which enterprise version should I install instead...
  5. Windows 10 free with Azure (student), is there any catch? Which version to choose?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 free with Azure (student), is there any catch? Which version to choose?: As a student (not in US), I have access to azure. It keeps mentioning some credits, costs and subscription, so I'm not sure if I have only limited time/software I can use. It seems there's no barrier though to downloading win 10. Is there something I should know if I plan on...
  6. Choosing which Windows updates to install?

Choosing which Windows updates to install?: Hi, I'm trying to update my windows PC, but windows also keeps trying to download update 1903. I do not want to download that update, but all the other updates, like net framework etc. I tried disabling windows updates, but that also disables the net framework updates. Is...
  7. Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install?

Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install?: When I reset my windows 10 laptop, it's supposed to reinstall windows from the recovery partition, which contains the windows version that came with the pc, right? However, I performed a reset today and noticed it installed a newer version, not the one that shipped with the...
  8. How do I choose which location to install to software on Windows 10

How do I choose which location to install to software on Windows 10: I just got a new computer last night and I'm trying to install all the programs I use. The problem I'm running into is that I have two different hard drives. Drive C is an SSD drive with only 128 gb of hard drive space, and this is the primary drive. However, I also have a...
  9. Windows 10 Which Version?.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Which Version?.: I have just finished a complete reformat of my daughters HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Apart from a couple of solved hiccups it all went well although very time consuming. I am unsure however on where to find which version it is updated to. When I...
  10. Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose

Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose: Hi, i am in the process of installing Windows 10 over 8.1 Single Language. Which Home SKU should i choose to download via media creation tool? Thanks in advance. 10546