Windows 10: Choppiness in games

Discus and support Choppiness in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Windows Users I have Windows 10 on my Asus Laptop, with the latest updates installed. My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David_09, Sep 27, 2020.

1. David_09 Win User

Choppiness in games

Hello, Windows Users

I have Windows 10 on my Asus Laptop, with the latest updates installed. My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external monitor60Hz. When I play any games with vSync off, they just feel choppy and not smooth, even though I don't have screen tearing. I don't want to use vSync because it limits the framerate to 60, and if the FPS gets slightly below 60, it makes the games very laggy.

PC specs:

Intel Core i7 4510u

12 GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Screen refresh rate: 60 Hz

Games tested:

Among Ussmooth, but only with vSync

MinecraftBedrock Edition is smooth, Java Edition has pretty good frame rate, around 80, but very choppy, low settings.

I have also tried to modify some settings from NVIDIA Control Panel, no success.

I appreciate any answers.

:)

David_09, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2020
  3. jumika Win User
    choppy java games

hi

i have a nokia n93, and all of the 3d java games are running very choppy and slow.

why is it? my friends have much slower phones with slower hardware and they can run these games without any problem.

please find a sollution to my problem.

thanks, and sorry for the bad english

jumika, Sep 27, 2020
  4. LAPIII Win User

Choppiness in games

My audio is very choppy?

That bad is audio with both my PC headset and TV. In Device Manager > Sound, Video and game controllers, and Sound > Playback tab, I've got listed:

• Mpow HC (headset)
    • NVIDIA High Definition Audio (TV)
    • Realtek Audio

In Device Manager, the context menu of each is the same. In Sound, the default device is NVIDIA High Definition Audio. When trying to troubleshoot, via settings, I get:

Choppiness in games [​IMG]

I don't know which to choose. Troubleshooting via the Taskbar speaker icon hadn't helped.

LAPIII, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Choppiness in games

1. Choppiness in games - Similar Threads - Choppiness games

2. High ISR, DPC. FPS drops, choppiness in games. Applications/Explorer lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ISR, DPC. FPS drops, choppiness in games. Applications/Explorer lags: Hey guys I've been battling this issue for many months, and still can't solve it. I wanna make this long story short but don't wanna also miss any details.I have no noticeable fps dips, no stuttering, no overheating or anything, just gameplay feels choppy like someone is...
  3. High ISR, DPC. FPS drops, choppiness in games. Applications/Explorer lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ISR, DPC. FPS drops, choppiness in games. Applications/Explorer lags: Hey guys I've been battling this issue for many months, and still can't solve it. I wanna make this long story short but don't wanna also miss any details.I have no noticeable fps dips, no stuttering, no overheating or anything, just gameplay feels choppy like someone is...
  4. Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio: Hello! I have successfully streamed console games from my PS5 and Switch on Twitch via OBS for about two years now. Recently however, I have been unable to get quality game audio in my stream or recordings. I tested the issue outside of OBS in Audacity and found it has the...
  5. Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio

Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio: Hello! I have successfully streamed console games from my PS5 and Switch on Twitch via OBS for about two years now. Recently however, I have been unable to get quality game audio in my stream or recordings. I tested the issue outside of OBS in Audacity and found it has the...
  6. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  7. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  8. Xbox Game Bar has choppy recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar has choppy recording: The Xbox Game Bar recording isn't laggy, but when i check it out after ending the recording, it's laggy, how would i fix this? Please know that this is my first time using it, so i don't have much experience....
  9. display is suddenly INSANELY choppy and glitchy? came out of nowhere and now 3d games are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display is suddenly INSANELY choppy and glitchy? came out of nowhere and now 3d games are...: so, i started to notice when i was typing there were weird white flashes blocking parts of my letters. i didnt think anything of this until when i went to enter my pin to sign in to my windows user, there were grey dots dancing around my screen? i tried to fix this by...
  10. Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game

Recordings used to be great but now really choppy in game: Hi, so i play minecraft and i used to use Xbox game bar to record clips and the recordings were very smooth. Here are some clips https://youtu.be/wI8WH-GIReE. But now though, i dont know what happened, and the recordings are just so much worse choppier and bad quality. So i...