Windows 10: Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Discus and support Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonMxwll, Apr 26, 2019.

1. JonMxwll Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to record a video on Minecraft (Java edition), but I'm doing tests first to make sure everything is running correctly. At first, whenever I recorded with my mic, the audio from my game cancelled out, and I couldn't hear it when I played back the audio. I fixed that. Once I did fix it though, I ran into a bit of a different problem. I could hear the audio for my mic clearly, like I could before, but the game audio is terrible quality and is all choppy. Another slight problem is that when I am in the process of recording, I can hear my microphone audio, but not the game audio.I would insert a video if I could.

***Modified title from: Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue***

:)

JonMxwll, Apr 26, 2019

2. Game bar records only audio

Hello, i started using the game bar to record my gameplay. Im only using the record last 30 seconds button at the moment, when i play those videos i can only hear the audio and the video itself is only a screenshot. How do i fix it?

Inzifon_are, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Meedup Win User
    Backwards recording in Windows DVR became choppy

Random issues started with windows DVR, most specifically in the backwards recording when it's also recording microphone audio.

This is recent, last month or so, likely from a microsoft update.

What happens is, after I press win+alt+g to save the last 10 minutes as I always do, now, if the microfone recording is active, there's a chance that the game audio will became extremly choppy. Curiously, the microphone audio remains perfect, but since everything
    is in a single file there's no way to save anything.

The same file may also have good audio in some parts, and then suddenly it becames choppy, or the other way around.

Sometimes the whole video has good audio, or the whole video has bad audio.

Recording normally (with win+alt+r) doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Clip with bad audio:

You can hear my voice fine (one of the girls) but any other voice (coming from game comms) and game audio is choppy.

Sometimes the audio gets so bad it's basically just choppy static.

How do I stop that?

Meedup, Apr 26, 2019
  4. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Similar Threads - Choppy audio videos

2. Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  3. XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy: So i've been trying to use the XBOX game bar to record my screen. Everything goes well, but the audio is just glitched. The video is good condition, its just the audio that has a problem. I dont understand why, maybe you people out there know?...
  4. Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar: I recently just changed my fortnite resolution to 1440x1080. And when I did that and tried to use game bars "clipping" system the recording of the videos have not been recording. It records the audio but the video is just frozen on the first thing it was recording. I was...
  5. Game bar records only audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar records only audio: Hello, i started using the game bar to record my gameplay. Im only using the record last 30 seconds button at the moment, when i play those videos i can only hear the audio and the video itself is only a screenshot. How do i fix it?...
  6. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio: I am trying to record gameplay and audio from games I play with my friends. I am using discord to talk with them but when I try to record with game bar it only picks up my voice and not my friends. what can I do so that when I record I can hear my friends as well as myself?...
  7. Game bar only records audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar only records audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...
  8. Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio: I believe there is a bug in the game bar where it wont record a users microphone by default, even if it is set to do so bu default. The only work around I have found is to disable record microphone, then re-enable it on the game bar. Is this a known issue? Is there a...
  9. Audio Doesnt Sync With XBOX Game Bar (Recording)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Doesnt Sync With XBOX Game Bar (Recording): I was not sure exactly where to put this, in Applications & Software or Gaming, so i just put it here. So, I have been recording with the Windows 10 Game Bar thing. But when i went to watch them, the audio slowly got out of sync. At the end of my galacticraft mod review, i...
  10. Recording video with game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording video with game bar: I have always recorded videos using 3rd party software, but yesterday, I recorded the Remembrance Sunday programme on BBC using the game bar recording mode. My stepson was marching in it and we saw him :-). I was really impressed with quality of recording, both sound and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game bar screen recording has no audio