Windows 10: choppy mouse

Discus and support choppy mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10-1607 i7 16GB ram SSD + HDD recently started - intermittent problem - CPU usage under 10% - RAM usage about 30% - DPCs appear OK When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruggb, May 22, 2017.

1. ruggb Win User

choppy mouse

Windows 10-1607
    i7 16GB ram
    SSD + HDD
    recently started - intermittent problem - CPU usage under 10% - RAM usage about 30% - DPCs appear OK

When moving the mouse it acts like it is being preempted by other operations/interrupts and starts/stops moving for random times. I am not seeing any CPU spikes or anything else unusual but I may not be looking for the right things or using the right tools. Any trouble shooting suggestions?

:)

ruggb, May 22, 2017

2. Severe ChoppyCursor Lag

Hello, just today with Windows 10 I started to experience severe cursor lag. The cursor itself is choppy and laggy, almost as if the frame rate of the whole desktop is dropping however it's only the mouse. While the mouse is EXTREMELY choppy and laggy, the
    rest of the applications in the backround run extremely smooth, as if the mouse isn't choppy at all. When I move the mouse horizontally, the mouse seems to teleport, as if it were never in the space in between. When clicking, I have to click a couple times
    before it actually registers. I tested it out in the game league of legends, and the game ran smooth however the in-game cursor itself did the same as it would outside of the game. I have re installed the Geforce game ready drivers. I also have yet to find
    another person witht he same case as me. I have had windows 10 for almost a year now.

Specs:

PNY GTX 750

FX-8350

16gb Patriot ram

Asus Motherboard

TRistandeveyra, May 22, 2017
  3. Mary Q Win User
    Erratic mouse in games W10 Anniversary Update

Mouse is erratic, choppy and slow in Klondike Solitaire after W10 Anniversary update. It works fine everywhere else. How do I fix this?

Mary Q, May 22, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

choppy mouse

Is this a standard wired mouse? Gaming mouse with it's own drivers? Wireless mouse?

I assume you have checked and toggled the Mouse Settings: Control Panel > Mouse.

Another quick test is to go into Device Manager and Uninstall the Mouse, then restart the computer. The mouse will reinstall on startup.

And these kinds of problems can be caused by graphics drivers. If you have recently installed a new graphics driver and the problem started after that then you might want to roll it back. If there is a newer graphics driver available for your card/chip then try installing that. Do a Clean Install if that option is available.

5. Stephanie Win User
    Hi ruggb what is your Mouse sitting on when in use ?

Stephanie, May 25, 2017
  6. ruggb Win User
    mouse is on a wood desk.
    mouse has been working fine, so I don't think it is a driver issue.
    HOWEVER, it stopped totally, after a week of this, because the rechargeable battery was dead.
    So the issue may be the way this mouse (relatively new to me) operates when the battery is weak.
    Other mice just stop. This one tries to hang on til it is dead and causes it to respond as if the system is pre-empting it. I have had other mice do that because of the system. The last recharge I got a warning. Maybe I missed it this time. When it gets there again I will verify this solution. Thanks
    BTW, it is a Logitech MX Master mouse.

ruggb, May 25, 2017
  7. Hi,

I had a similar fault & had to disable Cortana completely to get the mouse to move when told to. The bit that worked best was the stop learning feature. See here................. LINK

Lottiemansion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

choppy mouse

1. choppy mouse - Similar Threads - choppy mouse

2. Only Bluetooth Headphones are choppy sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Bluetooth Headphones are choppy sound: So I have a Windows 11 Pro machine that had an onboard NIC issue so I installed a new NIC this problem was awhile ago, over almost a year ago and it doesn't have Bluetooth available. So I purchased a bluetooth dongle TP-Link UB500 and everything connects to it fine except for...
  3. Only Bluetooth Headphones are choppy sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Bluetooth Headphones are choppy sound: So I have a Windows 11 Pro machine that had an onboard NIC issue so I installed a new NIC this problem was awhile ago, over almost a year ago and it doesn't have Bluetooth available. So I purchased a bluetooth dongle TP-Link UB500 and everything connects to it fine except for...
  4. My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...: Im not sure what to do, it's random when it does it. I have tried it on my speaker and headset. I looked at all my audio drivers and they all are updated. Can someone help me? Thank You...
  5. My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...

My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...: Im not sure what to do, it's random when it does it. I have tried it on my speaker and headset. I looked at all my audio drivers and they all are updated. Can someone help me? Thank You...
  6. Newly Added User Account Suffers from Slow and Choppy Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Added User Account Suffers from Slow and Choppy Mouse Cursor: I have a HP Omen 30L desktop computer that for a long time has only one user account for myself which is primarily used to play Steam games. Recently I added a new user account standard rights for my family member however when we log in we find the account suffering extremely...
  7. Newly Added User Account Suffers from Slow and Choppy Mouse Cursor

Newly Added User Account Suffers from Slow and Choppy Mouse Cursor: I have a HP Omen 30L desktop computer that for a long time has only one user account for myself which is primarily used to play Steam games. Recently I added a new user account standard rights for my family member however when we log in we find the account suffering extremely...
  8. Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trippie-Boi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiah49/mouse_works_perfectly_everything_else_is_choppy/
  9. Mouse Pointer Acting Choppy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer Acting Choppy: My brother has an Alienware Aurora r5 desktop from dell, he downloaded the 441.66 update package from nvidia and did an express install now whatever this update did, its making his mouse pointer act choppy instead of the smooth movement it should be making; I updated the...
  10. Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes: Hi, I have this issue with Win10 with a very laggy and choppy dragging of windows or files. I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with a nano reciever. I made a video of this problem in action. The window stutters, and sometimes the mouse pointer stops for a second. As you...