Windows 10: Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers

Discus and support Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed windows precision drivers on my 6 year old ideapad which had elan drivers and the scrolling has surprisingly got worse and choppy. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fartinguzi, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers

I just installed windows precision drivers on my 6 year old ideapad which had elan drivers and the scrolling has surprisingly got worse and choppy. Any fix ?

submitted by /u/fartinguzi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fartinguzi, Jun 2, 2020

2. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Hellpish Win User

Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers

Windows precision drivers please

I have an HP Omen 15ce072tx laptop with default Synaptics drivers. However I had installed Windows precision drivers and they worked really well. So when the new windows updates rolled out, I was extremely irritated by how I has forgotten to backup my
    driver. Also, the original source for the precision drivers have updated their drivers too so that they don't work anymore. Can anyone suggest where to get Windows Precision drivers that will work with my laptop?

Hellpish, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers

1. Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers - Similar Threads - Choppy Scrolling precision

2. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  3. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  4. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Scrolling is Choppy when on power mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling is Choppy when on power mode: Hello, whenever I use my touchpad to scroll on word and web browsers, there is a noticeable choppyness in the screen. But when i plug it back in, everything is smooth. Help would be really appreciated! Sincerely, Arnav...
  6. choppy scrolling in every browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choppy scrolling in every browser: i am using dell laptop my pc is having choppy and laggy scrolling even after bios update and windows reinstallation with complete hard driver formatand updated and reinstalled drivers many times but no benefit. my specs are i3 7th gen,4gb ram ,1tb hdd. and i also...
  7. Choppy scrolling in OPEN/SAVE File windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choppy scrolling in OPEN/SAVE File windows: Hello everyone I'm always bothered by how the window scrolls when being promoted to 'Open' or 'Save' a file, These windows feel choppy when scrolling in comparison to the regular File Explorer windows. It's hard to tell if you're scrolling up or down and for the eyes to...
  8. Choppy touchpad scrolling

Choppy touchpad scrolling: When I try to use the two finger scrolling on the touchpad, it's very slow/choppy. It's not like this when I first start up my computer. Usually it starts acting up after a few hours. I've checked my drivers, and it says they are all up to date. I've also messed around with...
  9. Windows precision drivers

Windows precision drivers: Hey guys I just learned yesterday that you can install the Windows precision drivers on basically any Elan or synaptics trackpad, I tried to install it on my Lenovo IdeaPad which has Elan drivers, the drivers get installed succesfully but after rebooting the mouse doesn't...
  10. Windows precision drivers please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows precision drivers please: I have an HP Omen 15ce072tx laptop with default Synaptics drivers. However I had installed Windows precision drivers and they worked really well. So when the new windows updates rolled out, I was extremely irritated by how I has forgotten to backup my driver. Also, the...