Windows 10: Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?

Discus and support Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering if maybe installing a codec pack would fix it for me or am I better off using web apps? BTW some videos do play smoothly as they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jacky-Mo, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?

I was wondering if maybe installing a codec pack would fix it for me or am I better off using web apps?

BTW some videos do play smoothly as they should.

submitted by /u/Jacky-Mo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jacky-Mo, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

All Video playback choppy

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.
    If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 28, 2020
  3. 58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jul 28, 2020
  4. munster34 Win User

Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?

N97 Choppy Video Playback

Help!

I am having choppy video playback on my n97. The video was recorded by the n97.

does anyone have this problem?

munster34, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?

1. Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me? - Similar Threads - Choppy video playback

2. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website: Hi, My name is Tom Pham form Australia, I have been trying to purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store but the problem is after verification it is asking me to add profile address but for USA only.I just can not change from United State to Australia. Can you please help....
  3. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website: Hi, My name is Tom Pham form Australia, I have been trying to purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store but the problem is after verification it is asking me to add profile address but for USA only.I just can not change from United State to Australia. Can you please help....
  4. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  6. video codecs

video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  7. video playback issues, can anyone help me ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    video playback issues, can anyone help me ?: Howdy people Specs: *ryzen5 3600 *24gb of RAM 2400mhz *1650 super *SSD and a 2 of HDDs Starting up with the latest Nvidia driver update my video playback only opens up and plays videos after a long period of time online and offline making me think this is a settings issue,...
  8. Microsoft camera codec pack

Microsoft camera codec pack: Why not install my Microsoft camera codec on Windows 10? It gives me a message This program is not intended for this version of windows Thank you for helping me...
  9. How to fix choppy video playback?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix choppy video playback?: Hello there, i have MSI GL65 9SC series laptop which is brand new. Not even 6-month old yet. Specs : However, i have been having extremely odd yet various issues for last 2-3 weeks. Trouble began with unstable Windows updates causing performance issues, followed by...
  10. Choppy video playback.. WIn8.1 and Win10(build 10130)..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choppy video playback.. WIn8.1 and Win10(build 10130)..: I seem to be having an odd issue with video playback.. Netflix. When I installed Win8.1(Clean) and performed all of the required updates the play back went from perfect to jittery. The movie will work fine for a few minutes(about 4) and it just starts to go jittery/choppy....