Windows 10: Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10

Discus and support Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has been planning to update its Chrome browser to support keyboards multimedia keys which could be a real timesaver when you need to control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 10, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10

Google has been planning to update its Chrome browser to support keyboards multimedia keys which could be a real timesaver when you need to control your music and videos. In a future release of Chrome, users will be allowed to use their keyboard to pause, resume, seek forwards/backwards, change track and more.

At the moment, if you play a YouTube video in Chrome and use the multimedia keys on your keyboard to pause, resume or seek forwards/backwards, the browser does not respect the key presses.

With Google Chrome 73, the browser will support the multimedia keys you’ve got on your keyboard and it should work on any supported version of Windows, macOS or Chrome OS.

It also appears that Chrome will respect the keyboard commands even when you switch to any other apps. For instance, if you play a YouTube video in Chrome and minimize the browser to the taskbar, you can hit pause, seek forward/backward button on your keyboard and Chrome will respond in kind.

Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10 Chrome-multimedia-keys.jpg

Even if Chrome is buried in one of those apps you’ve opened and forgotten about, the browser will still respect the multimedia key presses. If your desktop or laptop’s keyboard comes with full-fledged multimedia keys, you’ll be also able to skip forwards and backwards through playlists.

The feature is quite useful if you have to quickly stop a YouTube video or Spotify web music.

Most of the modern desktop or laptop keyboards support multimedia keys and you may find the multimedia hotkeys where the function keys are located. Chrome 73 will support play, pause, seek backward, seek forward, previous track and next track commands.

Google will also developers to use Media Session API and customize how their sites respond to multimedia keys.

Google Chrome 73 is expected to launch next month with support for multimedia keys and several other improvements including improved picture-in-picture mode.

The post Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 10, 2019
  2. HHawk Win User

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Hi guys,

I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys.

Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume up/down, etc.
    However sometimes it stops working completely (completely random). I have no idea what is causing it or how to solve it.

When they stop working I cannot get them back working at all anymore, other then rebooting my PC. Obviously this is not a solution, because I have to close everything I was working on.

While typing this, I tried to unplug and plug back in the keyboard. Apparently that solves it also. Though this is not a good solution, because the backside of my PC is not easily reached.

Cherry keyboard don't have drivers available, so that's not a solution. Also removing the HID keyboard thing from hardware devices and reinstall / refresh doesn't provide a solution.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or has a solution for this problem? Would be great, because I am very used to using the multimedia keys (especially the volume keys).

I am using the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version. Version 1511 (build 14257.1000).
    Maybe it's an issue with the insider version, or something else. Or my hardware combination... I have no clue...

Thanks in advance.

HHawk, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard

Hi Puahiilani,

Wireless multimedia keyboard and mouse can be used on Windows 10. Since Windows 10 has feature to make devices compatible with Windows 10. For us to help you use your devices, we suggest that you check these articles for more information:

• Troubleshooting wireless and Bluetooth® issues. Refer to the section that says
      Setting up a Bluetooth device. You may also check the other troubleshooting steps if you've encountered any other issues while connecting your devices to Windows 10.
    • How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10 by MVP Andre Da Costa. Refer to the section that says Using Compatibility Mode to Resolve Driver problems if you encounter any issues with driver compatibility while connection the
      devices.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10

How to disable the multimedia keys on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to disable the multimedia keys of the keyboard.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

• Click the "Control Panel" button from "Start" menu and double-click "Keyboard" application.
    • Click the "Hardware" tab in the "Properties" window.
    • Click the check box next to option "Enable multimedia buttons and onscreen display" to un-check the option.
    • Click "Apply" button to apply the changes and then click "OK" button to exit "Keyboard Properties" window.
    • Restart computer for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10

1. Chrome 73 to support your keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome support keyboards

2. Function keys stuck as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys stuck as multimedia keys: I’m having trouble with my function keys : I was playing valorant and got a bit angry so I half smacked half angrily typed on the keyboard resulting in a gibberish sentence to be thrown up. Now the consequences to my actions resulted in a few issues but i unplugged my...
  3. windows key on your keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key on your keyboard: Why doesn't the 2022 laptop use this windows logo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-on-your-keyboard/100ba72c-c113-430d-a2c6-39ed508792d6
  4. windows key on your keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key on your keyboard: Why doesn't the 2022 laptop use this windows logo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-on-your-keyboard/100ba72c-c113-430d-a2c6-39ed508792d6
  5. windows key on your keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10.

Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10.: I have a Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10. When a video is playing, I attempt to change the volume with the keyboard volume controls. This results in an immediate blue screen of death and reset. How do I fix this?...
  7. Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10.: I have a Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard on Windows 10. When a video is playing, I attempt to change the volume with the keyboard volume controls. This results in an immediate blue screen of death and reset. How do I fix this?...
  8. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  9. Multimedia Keys

Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....
  10. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...