Windows 10: Chrome 76 hides extensions

Discus and support Chrome 76 hides extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I had Chorme 75 (64-bit) I could see all the extensions icons I set to see after the address field. ▼ [img] I updated to 76.0.3809.87 (64-bit)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Paultx, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

Chrome 76 hides extensions

When I had Chorme 75 (64-bit) I could see all the extensions icons I set to see after the address field.

Chrome 76 hides extensions [​IMG]

I updated to 76.0.3809.87 (64-bit) a few days ago and since then I can't see them. Now the only thing I see there is the Extensions button.

Chrome 76 hides extensions [​IMG]

When I click on the Extensions button, I can open a menu for each extension on the list and there is the option "Fixar", which is Brazilian Portuguese for "Pin". But I tried it TNA.

In the extensions management area the ones I could see before on the toolbar are all enabled, but the options there are limited to enable/disable and remove.

Any idea on how can I get to see these extensions icons again? TIA.

PS: I forgot to say that I have tried what I reported before both when signed out and signed in to my Google account. And if I uninstall 76 and install 75 I get these icons back.

:)

Paultx, Aug 9, 2019
  2. TairikuOkami, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Considering the amount of available Chrome extensions, that isn't a long list.

Masterchiefxx17, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Chrome 76 hides extensions

Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

Chrome 76 hides extensions d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Chrome 76 hides extensions

1. Chrome 76 hides extensions - Similar Threads - Chrome hides extensions

2. Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender: I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 yesterday and just realized today that the file extensions are showing. When I try to hide the extensions, it doesn't work. I realize that Bitdefender is the culprit but is there any way to get around this without uninstalling it?...
  3. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Chrome extensions in Opera: I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine....
  4. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  5. Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe: Hello, I have installed a Chrome extension to remove cache, cookies, etc when I start Chrome. Is there a way to verify if this Chrome extension is safe? Is there any scan I can run? Thanks....
  6. Get an installed extension in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Get an installed extension in Chrome: Hello! I have a browser built from Chromium, It is installed a download extension(Savior).but I want to use Chrome, I can't find that extension on Web Store. Can I extract that extension to install on Chrome? Thank you 24231
  7. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  8. Suspect Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspect Chrome Extensions: Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743
  9. Grammarly Chrome Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Grammarly Chrome Extension: Suspect Chrome Extensions Posted below before I saw related post above. This post probably needs to be transferred. Excerpt from article. Grammarly has fixed a security bug in its Chrome extension that inadvertently allowed access to a user's account --...
  10. Hide extensions for known file types unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide extensions for known file types unchecked: Hide extensions for known file types unchecked. I still can't see .exe extension all the others are ok. This just now happened; the .exe extensions where showing before... I must have changed something by mistake. Can anybody help me I get them back? Don Cole...